General discussion

How to copy 1 folder into 200 folders at once

I have a 2003 server, and i have to copy 1 folder into 200 folders in 1 directory. I suppose this is possible with the xcopy command, but i don't know how. Can anybody help me with this?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How to copy 1 folder into 200 folders at once
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to copy 1 folder into 200 folders at once
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: How to copy 1 folder into 200 folders at once
- Collapse -
Re: Mr. Proffitt not fit as moderator

Bob,

I don't appreciate the style of reaction on my post. As a moderator you should at least show some respect. I am here to find answers (HELP)on things i don't know. I am IT staff, but my expertise is Lotus Domino and partially Windows. Nobody knows everything, not even you. I think an apoligy would be in place.

- Collapse -
None.

As an IT lead, such skills, if not present are obtained by book or by acquisition of staff.

I can offer direction that XCOPY is not the answer and offered that not only a copy is needed, but permissions afterwards.

My view on IT staff that needs training is indeed sharp. Some won't like it.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Mr. Proffitt

I came here to get help, not to be critizised. I thought providing help to people with other expertise or lack of knowledge was the intention of this forum, but obviousely i was wrong. If you ever need help with Lotus domino, i will be most happy to help you, without holding the lack of knowlege against you.

- Collapse -
You got help.

I noted you would have to write a batch file, then noted you should alter the permissions.

My view on IT staff training is simple. If they can't do this, then they need training.

Is that a problem?

Bob

- Collapse -
Here's a thought.

If you want to find help writing this batch file, why not ask for details on where to find the information or training. Or toss out your first shot at the batch file so others can see where it fails?

Remember that permissions item has to be covered off or the file put into everyone's direction may end up as unreadable by the user.

Bob

CNET Forums