Laptops forum

General discussion

How to convince our boss to use brand DELL beside NEC

hi...

I?m norhuda, assistant manager from IT department in an organisation.

Actually now we ?re in process to get approval about our vendor to provide laptop to our committee.

But last Friday in approval's meeting, our tender about laptop was rejected.

They want to know specific why we choose Dell for laptop and not NEC as a cheaper one.

So what is ur opinion and what statement that we can use to convince them??

Pls assist me because we need that approval urgently to send the capform.

Regards,

huda

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to convince our boss to use brand DELL beside NEC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to convince our boss to use brand DELL beside NEC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I cannot speak about NEC

In reply to: How to convince our boss to use brand DELL beside NEC

but I have a Dell. I can repair my Operation System without losing files and folders. My daughters Hp and sons Compaq, if I try to repair it, everything is lost. Most time spent on recovering files and folders before re-installing the system.

I hope you have a network for the employees to put their files and folders and create a backup daily. If this is the case, then the recovery of files and folders wouldn't be as crucial.

Rick

Collapse -
Well in this economy money is a big

factor in purchasing computer equipment for companies that buy them in bulk. We used to have Dell and in 2000 we replaced 1500 computers. We selected a vendor to do it and that vendor used Compaq and HP. We now still use Compaq & HP but replace them with our own desktop people. With that many PC's the number of repairs issues is about the same as it was with Dell. We don't have issues with losing data that is more of a process issue then a hardware issue. Your IT dept most likely has a Desktop Image to keep all the computer standardized.

Collapse -
In other words your probably better

In reply to: Well in this economy money is a big

off to go to the cheaper offer. Another thing you need to consider is if your company has the resources to support them internally compared to having the vendor support them.

Collapse -
The boss is always right.

That's rule 1. Rule 2 is "When the boss is wrong, see rule 1."

Also if your contract is dependent on this, go with what the customer or boss wants. These machines from the usual names are fungible.

Bob

Collapse -
What is laptop?

It may helping to list specifical model of laptop so we can be examine better option.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.