Is to unplug the end that goes to the Sony BR and plug that into some laptop. If that works then that's a pass. However I find that to often fail.
Now we fix that.
I am trying to connect my new Sony blue ray player BDP-BX37.
1) Have AT&T DSL 2Wire wireless modem which also has about 4 wired connection ports. I am used three port for 2 desktops and one laptop.
2) Have connected blue ray player to another port in the 2Wire router/modem.
3) When I switch on the Blue ray and go to "Internet Settings" I tried "Auto" and "Custom" but in both the cases it says internet access falied. Physical connection is ok.
4) I called Sony and they made me do reboot, unplugging etc and in the end said that my router was causing the issue.
5) When I called AT&T they just refused to even look at saying
your internet connection is fine and we don't support other devices :(.
If anyone has done wired internet setup with Sony BDP-BX37 then can you share your thoughts?
Just want to try before returning the player.