Question

How to connect Samsung S4 Mini with TV using USB/HDMI

I dont have a Samsung TV but USB/ HDMI ports. I want to connect my Samsung S4 Mini Smartphone GT-I9192ZWAINU with my TV using either USB port or HDMI port.
Please advise how to do it.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How to connect Samsung S4 Mini with TV using USB/HDMI
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How to connect Samsung S4 Mini with TV using USB/HDMI
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Link, comment.
- Collapse -
How to connect Samsung S4 Mini with TV using USB/HDMI

The specification sheet for the mobile phone S4 Mini as given on the Samsung website Specs for S4 Mini do not specifiy anything about MHL compatibility/ TV out.
In that case how to implement connectivity for video.

- Collapse -
Check out page 64 of the manual. Link follows.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201306/20130626162932600/GT-I9192_UM_CIS_Jellybean_Eng_Rev.1.0_130620.pdf

"Screen Mirroring
Use this feature to connect your device to a large screen with an AllShare Cast dongle or
HomeSync and then share your contents. You can also use this feature with other devices that
support the Wi-Fi Miracast feature." There's more to read there!

So it does have some sort of TV out. Maybe not what you wanted but it looks to have it.
In parting, be sure to look at a ChromeCast as well.
Bob
- Collapse -
Screen Mirroring of S4 Mini on Non Smart TV

The AllShare Cast dongle or HomeSync suggested above probably works only on Smart TV. I dont have smart TV, but have a normal TV which has HDMI and USB ports.
Please advise on how to connect S4 mini to TV to display video from phone on TV.
I want to mirror/ display the Video and audio content from Samsung S4 Mini Mobile phone on my TV (not Samsung make and Not Smart TV) which has HDMI port.
However, I don't think S4 mini has HDMI port and MHL compatibility.
In this scenario, how do I connect the S4 Mini with TV. User manual for the phone states that AllShare Cast dongle or HomeSync can be used for doing this.
Will the item (AllShare Cast dongle or HomeSync) serve the purpose of connecting S4 Mini to TV to display video from Mobile on TV?
If Allshare cast dongle is not suitable, what is the item that I can use to display video from S4 mini phone on the TV? Can I use Samsung Wireless LAN adaptor to achieve my purpose. The Wireless LAN adaptor is shown on https://www.samsungindiaestore.com/products/Mobile_Accessories/Wireless_Lan_adapter_WIS12ABGNXXL

- Collapse -
No. I don't see any support noted for the wis12abgnxxl

Can you share what document made you think this?

Sorry but it appears to be a deadend here. Did you try the Chromecast? It's limited but does a lot of what folk ask for.
Bob

- Collapse -
Connecting your s4 mini to hdmi tv

I just got my s4 last week and too have been searching for answers to this same question.
Thought I would share what I found. (did a copy and paste)

How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini to my TV using HDMI? HDMI ® Adapter Cable. Your mobile device can connect to your HDTV using the Samsung HDTV Smart Adapter, available for purchase separately on the Samsung Accessories page. The adapter provides you with a standard HDMI ® connection that supports HD signals up to 1080p; an HDMI cable is not [FAQs]

This is straight from the Samsung website. Here is the direct link.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00058012/76951/SCH-I435ZKAVZW

Hope this helps! I'm going to give it a try.

CNET Forums

Forum Info