Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Resolved Question

How to change spelling dictionary

by odds_even / July 15, 2011 3:39 AM PDT

I have started using Windows Live Mail (though I can't say that I particularly like it but hoping time will help).

As I am in Argentina and using a laptop I bought here, I am using Windows Home edition in Spanish. My Live Mail is in English and works fine.

However, when I write an e-mail in English (English 95% of the time) all the words are marked as misspelled (I note that the dictionary on this forum doesn't recognize "spelt" the irregular past of the verb to spell). How can I change to an English Dictionary or make English the default language?

Many thanks in advance.

George

odds_even has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to change spelling dictionary
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to change spelling dictionary
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by odds_even

Collapse -
Spell check options in Windows Live Mail
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 15, 2011 3:45 AM PDT
Collapse -
SLOVED
by odds_even / July 15, 2011 4:02 AM PDT

Many thanks R. Proffitt.

I eventually found options after about 10 minutes, under a stupid little button with no name. Then it was under "mail". See my reason for not like Live Mail?

Collapse -
Further question about this forum
by odds_even / July 15, 2011 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: SLOVED

Sorry, the thanks go to MarkFlax as it was his directions that helped me. Thanks Mark. Sorry Proffitt!!!

Incidentally as you are both Mods, I find it very difficult to find this post just by following the discussion groups. If I hadn't bookmarked the thread, I would never have found it again. At the top of the page it doesn't tell me in which discussion group I am in. Where Am I or exactly in which discussion group is this - from the See All Forums?

Collapse -
There is a Track This Thread option.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2011 4:27 AM PDT

And while I'm a mod it doesn't mean I have all the answers. I guessed badly that the app was already explored and it failed to have the feature so I offered a link to another solution.

Try Track This Thread or click on your name in any post to find all your posts.
Bob

Collapse -
SOLVED - Further question about this forum
by odds_even / July 15, 2011 4:29 AM PDT

Found it myself - in miniscule lettering at the top of the page. Any chance of increasing the size of this?

Home > CNET Forums Software > Forums > Windows Live > How to change spelling dictionary

Collapse -
Glad you got the original problem sorted.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 15, 2011 4:36 AM PDT

That line at the top is just the Path to your discussion and is for information purposes, although it does include links.

But the best way is to "Track this discussion". When ever you type a post then click Preview or Submit, you should see an option just below the post box to "Track this thread". Tick that and you will get an email notification of posts/replies to your thread.

As to navigating the forums, besides the Path you have already found, you will see a whole host of forums in the left hand column, and in each section one that says See all forums.

That's plenty of navigation isn't it? Happy

Mark

Collapse -
Further question about this forum Thanks to Mark
by odds_even / July 15, 2011 7:45 AM PDT

Thanks Mark

Collapse -
Answer
First neuron says.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.