General discussion

how to back up my info onto a dvd disc

i have my computer configured perfectly. i'm running XP and if i get a virus accidentally or if my comp just goes nuts, i'd like to be able to start up from fresh from where i'm at now. how would i do this? thanks for your help...

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: how to back up my info onto a dvd disc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how to back up my info onto a dvd disc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Backup

Hi
you talk about Three different thing
1- Call Backup for the your document with your Window.
2- To be call "fresh copy" that means you erase all your data in your computer called word "format".
3- To you won't to keep your only file and computer setting for backup in the windows xp have the "File and Settings Wizard to back up your settings with file"

Or you can use the third party software justlike
1-Partition Magic
2-Northon Ghost
3-Drive Image

But you don't won't to buy any thing you can follow the steps
1-Go to The Start-->all programs-->Accesories-->Systemtools-->Backup

And the follow the steps for backup
or-
insert the windows cd in the cd rom and they have option " file and Transfer Wizard"
You can go throw both ways
Good Luck
Viren

- Collapse -
You haven't given any information

on your system, so it is difficult to say what you can do.

To back up data to a DVD disc you need a DVD + RW drive, and proper burning software like Roxio's Easy CD Creator, (although that is not necessarily the best), and you have not said what you have.

If you have these, then do not bother with backing up a whole drive, (it will take years and you will use up the world's supply of blank DVD RW disks). Just select the documents, photos, music files and whatever else you want to back up, and back it up as a data disk.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info