Speakeasy forum

General discussion

How to avoid the flu (from my Inbox)

by Bill Osler / November 2, 2004 9:11 PM PST

Remember this is a joke. It won't work. Happy
I hope this isn't a repeat:

1. Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
2. Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.
3. Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system.
4. Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.
5. Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.
6. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible.
7. Get plenty of rest.
8. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR ....You can take the doctors office approach like I do. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol.
Why? Because alcohol kills germs. So......

1. I walk to the liquor store (exercise)
2. I put lime in my Corona (fruit) OR CHERRIES IN THE MANHATTAN
3. Celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies)
4. Drink on the bar patio or by the pool (fresh air),
5. Get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress)
6. Pass out (rest).

The way I see it, and you all know I see things very differently than most folks....if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can't get you!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to avoid the flu (from my Inbox)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to avoid the flu (from my Inbox)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Love this one, Dr. Bill :)
by MarciaB / November 2, 2004 9:45 PM PST

Made a copy to take to the "horse-piddle" for work today.

On this cold, windy, snowy day, it should bring a warm smile or two. Happy

Collapse -
Snowy???
by Cindi Haynes / November 2, 2004 11:57 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Best medical advice I've ever heard!!! :-)
by William Finder / November 2, 2004 9:52 PM PST
Collapse -
Eat right. Exercise.
by Dan McC / November 2, 2004 11:05 PM PST

Die anyway!

Wink

Dan

Collapse -
Re: How to avoid the flu (from my Inbox)
by Angeline Booher / November 2, 2004 11:17 PM PST

And a fun joke it is! Happy

Gargling with mouthwash "to kill germs" (most of those have a goodly amount of alcohol), a highball does the same thing.

It also reminded me of one from Bill Cosby re: why it was OK to give kids chocolate cake for breakfast. It is made of milk, eggs, and flour (wheat).

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
LOL I loved that Cosby routine, Angeline!
by MarciaB / November 2, 2004 11:21 PM PST

Remember the kids singing Dad's praises as he served them the cake? "Dad is great! Give us the chocolate cake!"

Then Mom came down the stairs....!! The kids turned on him like a traitor and said that Dad had made them eat cake for breakfast.

LOL Happy Was a classic!

I saw Cosby live at a gig he did when I was a student at Oregon State University - around 1983 or so. Had a front row seat. He was wonderful. Good memories Happy

Collapse -
Re: LOL I loved that Cosby routine, Angeline!
by Angeline Booher / November 3, 2004 12:48 AM PST

That one and another about teaching their son what it would be like to be "on his own" stand out in my memory from that show.

Of course, his albums were great! IMO, he has this special talent of telling humorous stories that strike home!

I sure envy your having seen him in concert, Marcia! Did he do the "I want MORPHINE!" labor room bit?

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Superb, you're my kind of Doctor !!!
by Ziks511 / November 3, 2004 11:15 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: How to avoid the flu (from my Inbox)
by Dan McC / November 3, 2004 10:50 PM PST

Do you have an opinion on intra-q vaccinations?

I heard a report about it last night and wondered if it's being discussed in the industry.

Dan

Collapse -
Do you mean intradermal?
by Bill Osler / November 4, 2004 12:47 AM PST

The intradermal route is being researched. It appears to require less vaccine, but my understanding is that the response in older adults is not as vigorous as it is in young adults.

What I've seen does look interesting and promising. My opinion is that we need to know more about this before doing it on a large scale.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yup. Thanks.
by Dan McC / November 4, 2004 1:39 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!