Computer Help forum

General discussion

How to adjust internet explorer

The web page is to big compared to my monitor particularly games they go beyond the screen how to adjust it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to adjust internet explorer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to adjust internet explorer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: How to adjust internet explorer

In reply to: How to adjust internet explorer

in win 2000

start control panel display settings
adjust screen area - fj

Collapse -
Depends ...

Font size may changed with control + mousewheel and it might have influence on other items (like pictures and frames) also. It's worth a try, anyway.

Then there is the problem of how things are programmed. The maker has the choice of defining some things (sorry, I know I'm vague, but I don't know it exactly) as a percentage of the screen, or in absolute pixels. If something is defined as 1000 pixels wide, it won't fit on a 600 x 800 screen, but it will fit on a 768 x 1024 screen. That's the way it is.

So have a look in the properties of the desktop, and see what screen resolution the video card (and not to forget: the monitor and your eyes) support. It might be time for a new vidocard and/or a new monitor to adapt to the changing needs of websites in general and games in particular. You don't play on a black-and-white (or even green-and-white) monitor anymore, do you, but they were perfect for ping 20 years ago.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: How to adjust internet explorer

Usually software will "read" the value of the screen resolution and adjust their max size to that. So software will not, usually, exceed the boundaries of your viewable area.

This appears not to be what is happening on your PC.
Many times when pages appear larger than the screen it is because you have your screen adjusted to a larger resolution than the viewable, at-one-time, resolution.

This is typically achieved through a video driver that allows for this "virtual desktop." A virtual desktop is when your screen is adjusted for x and y numbers, but the desktop is virtually x+ and y+.

If your desktop sort of scrolls around as you move your cursor at or near the four edges, then you definitely have this sort of display mode set.

And if you do have this sort of display mode set, then you can usually disable the function by either going into the Control Panel, Display setting. Of you might even have a control icon down in the Notification area (the bottom right corner, where the clock and a few small icons appear).

Check it out. That's my guess. Hope it helps.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.