The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

How old are you?

by taha syed / March 2, 2006 11:06 AM PST

Hey guys!
I wanted to find out about people who listen to BOL, so I thought this would be a good way to do that. We can find out who the youngest and oldest BOLers are. There aren't any prizes, just for fun (unless anyone wants to give out a t-shirt, you know who I'm talking to).
Well, I'm 14, so beat that!! (actually DON'T) Wink

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How old are you?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How old are you?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 20
by AndyInTN / March 2, 2006 11:27 AM PST
In reply to: How old are you?
Collapse -
Not a great question in forums...
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / March 2, 2006 11:48 AM PST

I know you probably meant well, but asking the age of forum participants could be a prelude to nefarious activity. Let's just keep it on tech talk.

Collapse -
I don't mind sharing my age ...
by barret55 / March 2, 2006 1:54 PM PST

... which is 32, as of Monday. Guess TMV didn't get my memo to say happy birthday to me on their show .. Guess I'll have to be more creative next year .. Happy

Collapse -
I think the concern is for underage.
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 3:53 PM PST

Especially in light of the recent media smear of I think this is a rather safe haven on the internet for such things but I understand Tom and CNET's concern.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
by taha syed / March 3, 2006 11:45 AM PST

sorry about that tom, but i dont see how dangerous ages are. sfter all you say people's name all the time in the podcast from the forums/flickr or frapr. so sorry, wont happen again.

p.s Cool, I won!! Happy

Collapse -
No worries
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / March 4, 2006 1:47 PM PST
In reply to: sorry

We try never to say a person's last name on the show unless they've already said it themselves in a call.

Having someone ask for ages is harmless 95% of the time, but even if the original question is harmless, it can lead to someone not harmless coming across it and starting something harmful. So I'm just being extra careful.

And as you say, it's a message board, so who's to say you're telling the truth anyway?

I'm a 23-year-old Basque female myself.

Collapse -
I knew it!
by rosscbrown / March 4, 2006 11:31 PM PST
In reply to: No worries

"I'm a 23-year-old Basque female myself.! - I knew it!

Collapse -
I'm not worried!
by rewerb / March 2, 2006 9:58 PM PST

I'm not worried, but want to make it fun (Sexual Predators can't do easy easy easy algebra). My age is "X"

If you can't figure that out in say, ten seconds without paper, then you are officially a sexual predator.

Collapse -
by rosscbrown / March 3, 2006 12:12 AM PST
In reply to: I'm not worried!

I better g turn myself in Sad i cant do math - thats why I'm taking philosophy at school instead.

Collapse -
by Veronica Belmont-20381073359499778927797251280312 / March 5, 2006 4:14 AM PST
In reply to: I'm not worried!

omg i just laughed out loud.

Collapse -
old enough
by bozeman / March 2, 2006 10:21 PM PST

old enough to remember things like Peter Frampton, bell bottoms, and when typewriters were how you got homework done, computers were something that took up a floor.

But I think Tom is right, it boggles my mind how the new generation has taken to the net. I would be careful of stating your age, especially females. I don't think crime is rising, but I think it is getting easier for creeps out there to track you down.

Suffice it to say, I think this group goes from like 10-50

Collapse -
Good guess,
by Stan Chambers / March 3, 2006 12:20 PM PST
In reply to: old enough

But, I'm 60, going on 15. There are several who frequent these forums who are quite a bit older than myself.
That's exactly what I love about the forums. You can benefit from such a wide range of experience and knowledge.

Collapse -
College student/ security guard
by college4christ81 / March 6, 2006 4:50 PM PST

I am 24 years old. Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?