Speakeasy forum

General discussion

How much is six grams of salt?

by Dragon / March 22, 2006 6:07 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How much is six grams of salt?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How much is six grams of salt?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 28 grams=1 ounce
by jonah jones / March 22, 2006 6:08 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 6 grms of salt = 1 teaspoon
by hh / March 22, 2006 6:11 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ... or, just over 5 grams. :-)
by drpruner / March 22, 2006 6:29 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ROTFLMO!
by Terry Browne / March 22, 2006 8:44 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, ya'll! ;----)
by Dragon / March 22, 2006 6:33 AM PST
Collapse -
Thou shalt not
by dirtyrich / March 22, 2006 6:47 AM PST

consume 7 grams of salt, for that is not the right number. Nor shall thou intake 8 grams of salt, or even 9, because that is right out of the question. Thou shalt count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, for that is the proper amount of salt thou shalt intake. Do not stop at 5, for that is not enough.

Ok people, thats my lame attempt to recreate a famous movie scene. Any guesses?

Collapse -
The Ten Commandments?
by Dragon / March 22, 2006 6:59 AM PST
In reply to: Thou shalt not

Just before Charlton Heston/Moses saw the golden calf and dashed the tablets on the rocks?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good KJV impression of the Law.
by drpruner / March 22, 2006 7:12 AM PST
Collapse -
Just goes to show we can't be sure
by Dragon / March 22, 2006 8:08 AM PST

What the Ten Commandments were since the only copy was destroyed. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) God redid them
by Diana Forum moderator / March 22, 2006 9:06 AM PST
Collapse -
I did a quick search
by Dragon / March 22, 2006 11:06 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) God redid them
Collapse -
Interesting site. Of course, you've already lost some
by drpruner / March 24, 2006 6:28 AM PST
In reply to: I did a quick search

of the hardcore here because the site admits the existence of ''J: a writer who used Yahweh/Jehovah as the divine name.'' Happy

Most of it I've seen before, though the Egyptian connection was new. Book of the Dead, I've been told, was just that, so then how would those laws have affected the living left behind?

One difference I find significant is the last of The Ten.
Ex 20:17: ''Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.''

How do you detect envy? What CSI evidence does it leave behind? If non-detectable, then a mere human Solon would be foolish to include the prohibition. Sooner or later his adherents would start to drift away. It makes sense only if the Observer is permanent, all-seeing (or with many spy angels!), and is willing to help with those who are at the beginning of a deadly chain described succinctly by James.

Jas 1:14 ''but each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown brings forth death.''
The other points as well are covered by specific scriptures. The Book still gets my vote as best guide to life.

Again, don't forget the Law was about 600 items, but the first ten are certainly noteworthy in themselves. Not required for Christians, though. Look out! Here come the flames!! Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Think comedy
by dirtyrich / March 22, 2006 8:43 AM PST
Collapse -
WAG - Wholly Moses?
by MarciaB / March 22, 2006 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) Think comedy

Funny movie with Dudley Moore, Laraine Newman, Dom DeLouise, Madeline Kahn, Richard Pryor. Sounds like it could have come from this movie.

Collapse -
One more hint
by dirtyrich / March 22, 2006 11:03 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) Think comedy

Either I did a really bad job mimicking this movie, or it isn't as popular as I thought it was...

So, the final hint is-
The movie was made by a famous British comedy troupe.

Collapse -
life of brian or
by jonah jones / March 22, 2006 2:47 PM PST
In reply to: One more hint

the search for the holy grail?

monty python...

Collapse -
Holy hand gernade...
by J. Vega / March 23, 2006 4:27 AM PST

Brother Maynard reading from the Book of Armanents. The Holy Hand grenade, just the thing for taking care of a killer rabbit, who being wicked in my eyes shall "snuff it".

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) BINGO
by dirtyrich / March 23, 2006 6:23 AM PST
In reply to: Holy hand gernade...
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Too much.
by EdH / March 22, 2006 7:02 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 6000 mg seems like a lot
by Diana Forum moderator / March 22, 2006 9:07 AM PST
Collapse -
it is?
by jonah jones / March 22, 2006 2:51 PM PST

6 gram (6000mg) = 0.211643772 ounce

Collapse -
well, according to wife
by jonah jones / March 22, 2006 10:36 PM PST
In reply to: Yes

(she's the closest to a professional cook i could find), 6g is what we in england called a tea spoon....

of course we could argue how much salt is there in a tea spoon?

i think it would be fair to say that if you counted the salt in the bread biscuits chips beer pickles roast beef coleslaw bacon BBQ (generic) you had last weekend, we would be amazed

Collapse -
Lowering your salt intake...
by Rolway / March 23, 2006 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: Yes

Ever try it? I'm supposably on a low sodium (salt) diet for CHF. Intake is not supposed to over 2000 per day or the 2400 as your article mentions. Now, try and stay within that range. Everything you buy in the store or eat in a restuarant is loaded with sodium. Look at the packaging someday. One frozen dinner like stoffers is 1200 plus.
And try to find low or no sodium food. It cost more and tastes like crap. I think the average intake of 5000 is low. More like 7000 if you think about what you eat in the course of a day.

George

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!