Question

How make my aspire v5 122-0869 faster?

Hi, since I bought my laptop it runs really really slow... It use to have windows 8 but yesterday I upgrade it too windows 10 and the truth is that I dont see to much difference... Can somwbody tell me please wich windows is better for this type of pc or what can I do to windows 10 so it can run faster?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How make my aspire v5 122-0869 faster?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How make my aspire v5 122-0869 faster?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Ouch. So many reasons it's slow.
http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-v5-122p-0869-11-6-a-series-a4-1250-windows-8-sst-64-bit-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/ shows it's the usual AMD A4, 4GB machine.

This model is going to be slow. At least it's not as bad as an AMD E1 machine that we tried with more RAM and faster HDD (didn't help at all.)

I'd return this one and go shopping. Don't settle for less than say an AMD A8 laptop.

Example at 320USD is http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-15-6-laptop-amd-a8-series-6gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/2996026.p?id=1219567191659
- Collapse -
Thanks..

Thanks but the problem is that I already have this laptop for a year now so I cant return it, but some body told me that if I use like a older windows like windows 7 the pc its gonna work better.. And I actually just use my laptop to watch netflix and download media like music movies etc.. So I just need it to be a little bit faster because is always getting forze or something.

- Collapse -
We tried all versions of Windows XP to 7

And it didn't budge. About the only slightly faster OS was Puppy Linux but it was not matching any other PC in the office. So we put it back to factory condition and a student that had no PC or laptop got it. Yes, we warned them it was no speedster

- Collapse -
Answer
Is the computer new or you have use it for awhile?

If new, I would go through the list of programs and uninstall all those that you don't need, especially the one you didn't put in there. Acer might have load in all kind of garbage in there. That's how they make some extra cash.. I think. Try that and see if that help. Lean and mean and see how it go.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks but I use it for a while now and I already delete a lot of stuff that I dont use.. But some bldy told me that maybe using a older version like windows 7 the pc its gonna work great so I dont know what to do

- Collapse -
Answer
Too many reasons but you could try this...

Your computer may be slow due to multiple reasons. Most-likely due to the equipped CPU, laptopmag.com rated the laptop with "mediocre performance".

What i recommend staying on windows 8, it is a little more stable than windows 10 at the moment. I've experience some serious problems my clients call me with upgrading their PCs and laptops lately. If you have successfully gotten through the upgrade with no problems then don't bother downgrading.

Now actually troubleshooting...

My ultimate recommendation is upgrading the RAM and HDD all-together to maybe a SSD or at least a 7200 RPM drive. RAM an additional 2 or 4 GBs never hurt. Most importantly before upgrading do yourself a favor and take a good can of air duster and clean your laptop free of any dust particles. This can increase speed and performance. If you don't know how to do this i recommend seeking professional help or else try a youtube video at your OWN risk.

If physically opening the computer isn't an alternative then try these steps...

1. Is your computer overheating? If so try increasing your RAM allocated to your integrated graphics.

2. Install CCleaner application and thoroughly clean computer from old unwanted junk. Using CCleaner also remove unwanted or unused applications from your PC or laptop.

*Not certain on the subject but from word of mouth windows 10 has problems reloading previous OS applications. Try googling these apps and removing the ones you have installed on your device.

That's my two cents. Good luck.

- Collapse -
Thanks!!

I will defintely try this thank you

CNET Forums