General discussion

How good are remanufactured Ink Cartridges

Specifically Canon............I'm seeing more and more of the these
3rd party ink jet cartridges available. Is it wise to use them, or am I
risking gumming up my printer??

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How good are remanufactured Ink Cartridges
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How good are remanufactured Ink Cartridges
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Unknown.

Each maker has it's own story. With most printers being a 2 year affair maybe it's worth a shot if!!!!

1. The printer is old.
2. Correct colors are not a big deal. I mean for a pie chart, red is red?
Bob

- Collapse -
It might void your warranty.

But after the warranty period, I've never had serious issues with third-party cartridges on my Canons, except the occasional one that didn't work. But with a 50% difference in price, it's still a lot cheaper.

Kees

CNET Forums