Question

how get rid of adobe pop ups

hello all,

everyday on different sites, i get an adobe pop up stating that so-and-so wants to use my computer for their storage. options; yes or delete.

the pop up stays in the middle of the monitor screen, blocking out whatever you're trying to do.

i keep hitting "delete/no", but it won't go away.

help, please ?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: how get rid of adobe pop ups
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how get rid of adobe pop ups
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: adobe

- Adobe, that can be Flash, Shockwave, Air, PDF. Which one?
- If Flash, did you already disable the hardware accelleration (google FLASH DISABLE HARDWARE ACCELLERATION for how to do that)

If that doesn't help please tell more:
- how to repeat your issue (what url and what to click to get that message)
- the exact message you get (if long, make a screen print, upload that to your favorite picture sharing site and post a link)

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
Some things to try

Uncheck any Adobe references in msconfig as these are largely for update checking. Also set Adobe services from Automatic to Manual. That should help somewhat.

- Collapse -
Answer
It's Adobe Flash Asking Storage Permission. Fix It Like.....

It's a setting in Adobe Flash where you've set it to ask for permission each time this occurs..Fix it by opening the Control Panel, double click on the "Flash" icon, click on the "Storage" tab, then place a dot/tick in the options which says: "Block all sites from storing information on this computer", then close the window.

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums