Question

How exactly do you begin a staffing business?

Also, is this a good business to get in to?

I've always wanted to start my own business since I was a kid. I come from a family of business owners so I've caught the itch. As of right now I'm in HR recruiting, onboarding, interviewing, filing, etc. I've only had 6 months experience so I'm looking to gain more knowledge and try to work for a staffing firm.

One question, when you first start, do you search for clients first or employees?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How exactly do you begin a staffing business?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How exactly do you begin a staffing business?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Pretty much what you read on the web.

Plenty of other advice out there. But I find such to be either good fortune of having contacts with a company that needs workers and you do the work. Once in a while you encounter folk that have no cash reserves to do this or forgot the liability issues. It appears you need a lawyer once in a while.
Bob

Read http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Staffing-Business

- Collapse -
Answer
Look at RPO models

Look at a typical RPO workflow. I believe you have to do both in parallel - usually works best when there are 2 people involved. One person should focus on getting a pipeline of candidates and the other convincing clients to try them out. Get as much automation as you can, such as online assessments, online resumes, online interviews to optimise your time in this. Best of luck !

- Collapse -
Answer
Start with the employees.

I work for an online staffing company, Staff.com.

I believe it is a case to case basis. But, we first built a really well established database of remote staff before we reached out to clients.

Since we are an online staffing company, we are catering to a global client base. But, when we started we focused on key locations first (US, Canada and Australia). These locations are those that would give us the highest projected return of investment.

Bottom line is we worked hard to establish a good foundation of screened and qualified remote staff first. That made us confident when we finally opened up our service to clients/employers.

- Collapse -
Answer
Start with small scale

I appreciate you that you belong from a business family; this will help you to manage all business matter easily. According to your choice for stuffing site first you need to hire some well experienced employs and then search for quality clients. This will give you good experience from start. Blush

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Start with hiring employese
- Collapse -
Answer
Employees hiring

You must start with hiring employees first. First train them establish your business and then go for clients.

CNET Forums