General discussion

How does a different PC affect the wireless internet speed?

Is the wireless internet speed affected by the computer RAM and CPU only? If so, what the RAM and CPU/Processor Speed should be at least to watch an HD movie online?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How does a different PC affect the wireless internet speed?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How does a different PC affect the wireless internet speed?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No and yes.

My slowest pc is a 1.6GHz netbook with Windows 7. It is just fine at network work. HOWEVER this is just under the mark where you can watch any HD or even a movie full screen. Hulu and others have to be played at less than full screen.

My slightly better Lenovo 499 buck laptop is a y530 with 4GB RAM, 7 and integrated Intel 4500MHD with HDMI out and plays 1080p content with ease.
Bob

- Collapse -
How about the RAM 4GB and Intel i3 processor?

So, the RAM should be 4GB, right? Is the Intel i3 processor ok or the i5 should be at least to watch the HD movie without freezing?

- Collapse -
Don't know about freezing.

Your i3 beats what is in my y530. So far I've yet to see a freeze or lock up free PC.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info