Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

how do you transfer a xp lisence fro one computer to another

I had trouble trying to fit this subect but anyways can someone tell me I have two off ibm notepads and I am trying to transfer the xp pro lisence in each to another couple of computers can anyone help.

Email is all3rd@yahoo.com that would really be easier to contact me thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how do you transfer a xp lisence fro one computer to another
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how do you transfer a xp lisence fro one computer to another
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's very simple.

In reply to: how do you transfer a xp lisence fro one computer to another

Stop using the XP Pro on the machine, wipe the drive if need be and install from the XP Pro onto the next machine. Remember the license has teeth so have your CD and Key all at the ready.
Bob

Collapse -
Just got this info from coworker

In reply to: It's very simple.

What if we don't have the cd and they are from recent ibm laptop models which are broken sorry my cowoker told me this just now.

Collapse -
Those are not transferable.

In reply to: Just got this info from coworker

You need to research what license that was. OEM licenses are non-transferable. The reason is quite simple. The price was reduced along with the rights.

Some think they were paying for the full rights and license.
Bob

Collapse -
Hey is this thing on the front what you are talking about

In reply to: Those are not transferable.

Um first one says x08-73060 and other one says x10-60625 do you need product key as well?

Collapse -
Excuse me for being blunt.

In reply to: Hey is this thing on the front what you are talking about

OEM installed versions are not transferable. If you don't believe me just call the laptop maker and ask them. Also ask Microsoft.

Then again some members ask here so we have to work through it.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.