General discussion

How do you lighten a clip with Ulead videostudio 7se

I have Ulead videostudio 7 SE that came with ADS DVD Express, (maybe it is not a full version?). The manual says there are dozens of filters. Mine has only about a dozen. I simply want to lighten a dark clip. I can't figure out how to do it with the filters I have. The darn brightness filter fluctuates from dark to light. What's up with that ?
I can't believe they don't have a way to lighten a clip?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do you lighten a clip with Ulead videostudio 7se
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do you lighten a clip with Ulead videostudio 7se
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I didn't find it.

So I used VIRTUAL DUB and one of its filters. Sorry, I don't teach that program, but it's free and there is a web page about how to use it.

There is COPY PROTECTION issues with digitizing commercial tapes. One of the side effects of such copy protection is to whack the brightness around and even the color.

Bob

- Collapse -
Brighten a home video

Bob:

You didn't find it, so you used virtual dub? I guess I don't understand all what you are telling me. You didn't find what?

Mike

- Collapse -
I didn't find that feature in the noted sofware.

So I used VIRTUAL DUB instead.

Good luck!

Bob

- Collapse -
UVS7

Right, it's not a full version. Their "SE" line is often given away with hardware, in hopes that you'll buy the full one, like I did. Anyway, you should be able to drag the filter to the clip on the timeline, then edit the filter property details on the left. It will take some fiddling and time to get what you want. UVS does take some getting used to.

- Collapse -
Fiddle on the left with customize filter

timwerx:

I have been fiddling with the "customize filter" option, but I don't understand how to keep the filter at one setting. I've goofed around with key frames, and don't seem to get the hang of what they do. In Windows Movie Maker you drag the dang lightening filter over, and if it is not light enough you drag it over a 2nd time. Pretty course, but easy! Why is the VS7 filter fluctuating ? Do many people like their clips to change exposure ????

Mike

CNET Forums

Forum Info