The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

How do you get your vid games?

I refuse to pay the $60 price tag on most games, as they just are not worth it. Most just don't have the replay value and I'm looking harder at every dollar I spend these days.

I pretty much rent everything from gamefly and get to stay on top of games that way. Just wouldn't be possible if I bought every game I want to play for $60. If the games is REALLY GOOD i'll buy it, otherwise back it goes. Last game I did purchased was Bioshock and probably rented 30 games since then.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do you get your vid games?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do you get your vid games?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gamefly here

In reply to: How do you get your vid games?

Only buy games that have good online multiplayer.

Collapse -
Words of Wisdom.

In reply to: Gamefly here

Only buy games that have good online multiplayer.

When they're singleplayer they tend to become boring quick. Explore the gaming world through online gameplay!
Collapse -
gamefly is the best bet

In reply to: Gamefly here

Collapse -
For me games are too expensive and too time demanding...

I'm now into the quick hit stuff as family commitments and not great pay ensure I have to get just the occasional game that I can dip into/out of whenever...

So it's basically Rock Band, driving games (PGR, yummy) DS games on occasion and app store games all the way. Mainly app store games now, just too much on to do anything else.

If I do get a game - and no idea what it's like for you in the states, but the occasional deal notwithstanding our primary game store (called Game funnily enough but a management buyout of Future Zone way back when which was a US company wasn't it? - do you still have them?) well, their prices are worse than a joke. RRP for any game until it's crashed and second hand prices which are a fiver off. So if it ain't the app store then it's the internet for all my game buying needs, which are infrequent and tend to become covered in dust.

Collapse -
$60 games are too expensive

In reply to: For me games are too expensive and too time demanding...

Games are too expensive, that's exactly why I rent. If it wasn't for gamefly I'm not sure how I'd afford games.

Collapse -
Steam

I've had it with optical media! Don't like consoles. And find online gaming to be nothing more than pointless fragging.

Collapse -
Oh yea I forgot

In reply to: Steam

Steam is actually really good.

You buy the game online and you can be anywhere in the world, access your Steam account, and download (yes, download) the game to any computer that has an Internet connection. In other words, no CD is involved.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.