HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

How do you change power output A/V receiver?

by Surge0 / July 21, 2005 9:46 PM PDT

I recently moved from America to Australia and there is a different in voltage levels ie.110 in America while 240 in Australia, I own a Pioneer Receiver VSX-D912 which takes only 110 volts, is there any way to change it to 240? That doesn't lose quality or even an adaptor does this lose sound quality, Help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do you change power output A/V receiver?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do you change power output A/V receiver?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How do you change power output A/V receiver?
by jcrobso / July 22, 2005 3:30 AM PDT

If you unit dosen't have a line voltage selection switch then you can get stepdown transformer to go from 240v to 120v. It will need to handel the wattage of you reciver.

Collapse -
look for a recessed switch...
by grimgraphix / July 23, 2005 12:44 AM PDT

on the back of your receiver that is labeled with 110 or 12o volt on one side and 240 volt on the other side if you have one then just flip it and plug it in and you should be good to you need to change the cord to a different plug ending?


Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.