HolidayBuyer's Guide

How To forum

Question

How Do I use the All Share Program on the Samsung UA60C6900

by ergjam / July 3, 2011 3:15 PM PDT

I am trying to use the Samsung Built-In Media Player on my UA60C6900 LED TV using the Samsung All Share Program.
I have the TV connected to my Computer Network using the LAN Cable, but this just plays using the network media player, and I am unable to get the same functions (F/F, R/W, Pause, Return to same position, Pause forward/rewind, etc...), plus I cannot play MKV Files.
If I plug my Hard drive directly into the TV, everything works fine, but then I have to unplug it to transfer any files from my laptop. This especially annoying because I am confined to a wheelchair, having to get up and down everytime I want to watch something I just downloaded.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How Do I use the All Share Program on the Samsung UA60C6900
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How Do I use the All Share Program on the Samsung UA60C6900
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds proper.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 7:03 AM PDT

"F/F, R/W, Pause, Return to same position, Pause forward/rewind, etc...), plus I cannot play MKV Files."

This is well discussed as well as MKV files not being an ENCODING but a "container."

While all this has been discussed at length I find many are upset about having to re-encode or that FF, RW and such still do not function after the new encodings that the TV supports.

---> AGAIN, please do not write MKV is supported. We know that. But what is INSIDE the MKV must be supported and play as well.

After some thousands of posts on this my advice is if you want the playback you get on a PC that you should connect the PC to this TV.
Bob

Collapse -
"F/F, R/W, Pause, Return to same position,
by ergjam / July 4, 2011 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Sounds proper.

I do not mind re-encoding MKV files, but I am still unable to get even AVI files to play properly without plugging the hard drive directly into the TV using the USB Port. Again this is problemactic being in a wheelchair.
If I plug the TV into the computer using a HDMI, VGA, or USB Cables the computer uses the TV as a monitor, and I cannot access the Media Player built into the TV, and the LAN only gives me limited functions (play, stop) using the Network.

Collapse -
AVI ... is a container and not an encoding.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 5, 2011 1:42 AM PDT

Sorry but with some thousands of posts about this I'll keep it short. AVI is another container and not an encoding. Again, what is inside the AVI must be supported by the TV and let's just sum it all up with.

It's a TV, not a PC.
bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.