Question

How do I stop MSN from changing my home page to theirs.

Have windows 8 upgraded from a disc. 4gb memory 320gb HD. I change it back and it still comes up on the home botton. I do not like their homepage.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do I stop MSN from changing my home page to theirs.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I stop MSN from changing my home page to theirs.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
MSN is what it is.

If they did that to me I would stop using them.

Yes there are home page lockers so I am making a big assumption you tried that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Chrome writes about this topic.
- Collapse -
Every day for the past week.

MSN is not my Internet Provider. I never had this problem with any other OS used(Vista, XP). I cannot figure out why they are suddenly high jacking my homepage. Have been using Windows 8 since the preview edition.

- Collapse -
Let's say
- Collapse -
Re: msn

Did you try a home page locker, as Bob asked and you didn't answer yet?
It might depend on your browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) what program you can use.

Kees

- Collapse -
Used Page Locker

Page locker changes it but when I go off the internet (using IE10) and return later it has changed back to MSN.

- Collapse -
Sorry

But I went looking for page locker on google and didn't find it.

Try another locker and follow Grif's advice.
Bob

- Collapse -
I Figured Out How to Solve the Problem

I thought about it a while and came up with going into tools - internet options - security - and put it into my restricted sites. It worked. It has not came back up yet. To test it I went to the Bing site and clicked on MSN. It would not open. All the other links on that site work. I also checked the Windows and Internet Explorer sites. They are still working. Therefore, I am trusting that the problem is solved.

- Collapse -
Boy Was I Wrong

Now MSN has BING automatically coming up as my home page. What happens is MSN comes up and quickly changes to Bing. I put BING into my restricted sites but it still comes up with a blanked out page. Is no one else having this problem?

- Collapse -
Yes I did.

CNET Forums

Forum Info