Tablets forum

Question

How do I repair "android.process.acore error"?

When attempting to delete some old data in the Contact List, this drop-down message appears:

Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.

A simple solution is given in MOST blogs where this is reported. Go into Settings - contacts sync adapter-clear data.

When doing just that I am back with the same error notice ad infinitum. Lately this also happens during writing Email or Gmail, even games.

These interruptions have almost rendered the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 GT 5113 useless. The fact that it seems to be a universal complaint to which Samsung has turned a deaf ear, maybe I made a bad decision and chose the wrong brand name.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I repair "android.process.acore error"?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I repair "android.process.acore error"?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Looks like there is an uptick in people running into this...

In reply to: How do I repair "android.process.acore error"?

android.process.acore error. Does this solution from OPs: Going into Settings - contacts sync adapter-clear data still a solution to the problem occurring recently?

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Odd.

SInce it's android can't we use other apps?

Collapse -
Answer
I would restore to

factory setting and resync to get all your apps back. You will have to configure stuff like your email configuration again. It's the same thing you want to do if you sell your tablet. Reseting clears everything and restores it to what it was when you bought it.

Collapse -
android.process.acore error

In reply to: I would restore to

Before taking the factory reset step - since I felt I had nothing to lose - I deleted my Gmail account and then reinstalled it. No more acore error notices.

Thanks for your replies.

Collapse -
Ya, Factory rest. It's easy!

In reply to: I would restore to

I found this channel on youtube where these guys show basic yet great stuffs you can do with your Tablet PCs especially when you are in crisis : https://www.youtube.com/user/nishucse

You get to see here, how to:
1) Factory reset
2) Unlock a Tablet PC legally
3) Change the broken screen
4) Install whatsapp and use it
5) Reset techniques (hard and soft)

Collapse -
(NT) Cant get chrome says I'm subscribed bit nothing

In reply to: Ya, Factory rest. It's easy!

Collapse -
Cant get chrome says I'm subscribed bit nothing

In reply to: Ya, Factory rest. It's easy!

Cantgey logged in to chrome

Collapse -
Answer
repair "android.process.acore error"

i got this message, too.
it popped up after i deleted many "superfluous" apps with my newly installed app "clean master".
i reinstalled at random apps i had deleted before.
one of these apps (sorry, i forgot its name) was represented by the green android icon.
as soon as this app was reinstalled the problem was fixed.
good luck and happy new year to whoever celebrates it next week,
rafi

Collapse -
Answer
I had the same problem

I had the same problem and I was factory resetting my Samsung Note 2 to stop it but it came back at random times but mostly after I deleted an app. I read the notes below and tried (in between the constant messages of saying the process.acore has stopped) to get to and open the disabled apps and the first one I re-enabled was the calendar storage and as soon as this was re-enabled the problem has gone away. I still have a number of other apps disabled and have kept the notifications box unticked for Calendar Storage so even though it is now re-enabled hopefully I wont get any annoying upgrade notices.

Collapse -
Answer
Why acore get stop? any one know the reason?

I am frustrated... why this issue comes? Anyone have idea? Why acore get stop?

Collapse -
Over the years the 2 reasons I encounter.

In reply to: Why acore get stop? any one know the reason?

1. Some app. I factory reset and do not install any apps.
2. If there is no hardware issue the issue goes away.

Then you install that one app you can do without, wait and never overload these phones with dozens of added apps.

Collapse -
Answer
How do I repair "android.process.acore error"?

Why not connect the phone to your pc via a USB cable and just copy your files manually

Collapse -
Answer
Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped

I have an "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped" message every time I try to uninstall an app from Microsoft, the problem started after I installed Outlook from microsoft, I was not happy with the Email App so I decided to uninstall it, then just right after, the problem started and I wasn't able to do nothing else with my Galaxy-S5 ph, every time I hit the "OK" button from the annoying message I had like 1 second to make a move on my phone before the message reapers, so I just continued to go through the process of locating the right screens until I reached google store, located the Outlook App and reinstalled it, all one move in my phone every second as described above. Then I had to go to process of sign in with my account with the same slowly process, but just I signed in with my Hotmail Acc. I recovered my phone right away the message vanished away... I tried the process two more times to verify problem/solution with same results. Now I have the same problem with another Microsoft App. (WORD), Exactly same problem, I can't get them out of my phone without the error reaper, so I live with the apps in my phone or else. Note: I never try the solution users described above "clear data on contacts".

Collapse -
You hid your post under all this.

In reply to: Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped

Please start a new discussion if a reboot, then heading right to apps, stopping the app, clearing the app data and cache then remove fails.

Remember I'm having to do factory resets a lot more.

Collapse -
Answer
android.process.acore error

To anyone else that has this problem, it is occurring from a problem with the Verizon Cloud not working properly with some LG phones. To fix the issue change your update on the Verizon Cloud back to standard until a patch is created hopefullly in the near future.

Post was last edited on July 11, 2018 8:03 PM PDT

Collapse -
Thank you!

In reply to: android.process.acore error

This worked for my phone (a factory reset didn't b/c that darned app just updated itself.)

Collapse -
(NT) Hey njhenry91, thank you for sharing!

In reply to: android.process.acore error

Collapse -
Answer
Android.process...

So read a lot of on this stuff. One I read recomended deleting gmail then activating before factory reset. The clear cache didn't work. So I tried this. I also backed up my contacts with Verizon afterward. Just "in case". After reinstalling gmail that seem to fix my issue. That was a lot easier than a factor reset.

Collapse -
Thank you for the update! I'm sure this will help someone.

In reply to: Android.process...

Welcome to the CNET forums!

Collapse -
Answer
Delete Useless Apps

I know this is an old post.

I had the same issue, what I used to do was to reinstall OS when this issue comes one time every year. so after going through lot of forums, I tried deleting accounts - didn't work out.
Then I tried deleting apps, some non important and unverified apps. Comes out, after deleting PUBG this issue stopped. Thanks everyone for giving me this idea.

Collapse -
Answer
It's a memory problem, I believe

I received this message and after perusing the forum to find somewhat random pieces of advice ("delete Gmail or don't have Verizon Cloud update or..."), my suspicion was that the problem was that my Android phone was running out of memory. I then uninstalled several not-so-crucial apps (it didn't really matter which ones), and the message no longer appears. Of course a system restore would also free up memory too, but this is a less painful solution.

Collapse -
Answer
Recommend you to sell it

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 GT 5113 and after few days it was useless. I went to the repair shop and learned that the repair would cost me same as much as the new one so I sold it. So, I would recommend you to sell it. There are a lot of sites where you can sell it like ebay, amazon, sellthemobile etc.

Note: Moderator disabled links so the post is spam free.

Post was last edited on January 10, 2019 9:51 PM PST

Collapse -
RCA Viking10 tablet having the same error.

In reply to: Recommend you to sell it

it isnt just phones. I have an RCA Viking 10 tablet. I have not added new apps. I have had the microsoft stuff for years. Might be an update? Cant delete my gmail. I tried to disable it and cleared the cache. It popped up right after I did it. If anyone has any non-verizon, non-phone ideas, i would appreciate hearing from you.

Collapse -
What is this about GMAIL?

In reply to: RCA Viking10 tablet having the same error.

I have yet to have a problem with gmail like that across a dozen machines. I'd post with full details rather than buried here.

Collapse -
RCA Viking 10 response

In reply to: RCA Viking10 tablet having the same error.

I have a RCA Viking 10. Resetting to factory, then re-installing your apps from your library in the App store fixes it. I haven't had any luck with these other suggestions. It started when i tried to run Opera browser, and another time, another app I can't remember. Havent tried uninstalling apps to make more space, I don't think I'm low on memory. You can go to Settings and find how much memory is used.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.