How To forum

Question

How do I make comments in the cheapskate (please read below)

by roboquinno / November 21, 2013 3:40 AM PST

The comments section of the Cheapskate page isn't active when I received the daily e-mail from Rick. No place to sign in and no way to make comments. Any ideas what's up?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I make comments in the cheapskate (please read below)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I make comments in the cheapskate (please read below)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Don't know what's up, but,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 21, 2013 7:47 AM PST

where, exactly is this Cheapskate page?

I found one in Australia, perhaps that is the one that you are having a problem with. If it is, then contact them.

If it's not, then please share were the page to which you refer, is.

Thanks

P

Collapse -
Sorry to hear about the issues your are having...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / November 22, 2013 6:24 AM PST

viewing the CNET Cheapskates giveaway.

Are you viewing the page from a mobile device? If you are, try switching to desktop view to see if you can see the comment and submit one.

If not, can you tell me what OS and browser you are using? Does it works using another browser?

Do you have any add on or extensions installed on your browser that you think maybe causing the issue?

Sorry for all the questions, as I'm just trying to figure out the problem you are experience.

If you can provide some detail, this will help me out in figuring out what is going on.

I appreciate the help and I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
I was able to get in
by roboquinno / November 24, 2013 4:06 AM PST

I was not viewing from a mobile device but from a Gateway SX2370-US10P with Windows 7. I used FireFox Mozilla, latest version. I don't know what extensions I have on my browser but I think they are just the basics.

Anyway i switch to Internet Explorer 10 and was able to do it quite easily. Not sure what the problem is but it was definitely the FireFox.

Thanks for your questions and your help. It made me think and try other things.

Rob

Collapse -
Thanks Rob for getting back to me.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / November 24, 2013 11:52 PM PST
In reply to: I was able to get in

Glad that it worked in IE10 at least for now you are in the giveaway. I'd figured IE10 would give more problems than FF.

For FF, can you try clearing your browser cache by holding down the keyboard SHIFT key and at the same time refreshing your browser to see if that works. Note you will have to be on the giveaway page when doing this. Let me know if you see the comments then.

Thank for your time!
-Lee

Collapse -
SHIFT key and refreshing the browser didn't work.
by roboquinno / November 25, 2013 1:39 AM PST

Me too. IE is almost always the problem Wink

SHIFT key and refreshing the browser didn't work. Still can't see comments.
Interesting I'm using the latest version of FF (25.0.1) but I get messages when my browser first opens telling me to update to the latest version. ???

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?