Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

How To forum

Question

How do I hook up any laptop to my LCD TV for a presentation?

by fairhope_al / May 24, 2011 12:32 AM PDT

I have a Vizio lcd tv and need to hook up a laptop (owned by someone else, not sure what kind) to the tv for a presentation to be made from the tv. How can I do that?

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: hooking up laptop to TV
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 24, 2011 12:47 AM PDT

Depends on the video and sound inputs available on the TV and the video and sound outputs available on the laptop. And then when using the right cables, you have to know how to activate those outputs on the laptop.

It can be easy and it can be impossible.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Depends
by ferozcnet / June 14, 2011 10:46 PM PDT

If your laptop and TV have HDMI ports then its very simple you just have to look for a HDMI cable to make the connection. If you have HDMI port only on your television, then you have to look for USB to HDMI converter along with the HDMI cable. Hope this helps you.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!