General discussion

How do I get Windows XP Driver without recovery CD

Aug 14, 2009 11:31PM PDT

I reinstalled windows XP, but now I can't open internet, it says that you need network drivers. I can't find that driver on manufacture's website. I am using Compaq SR1920NX desktop. Can anyone please help me resolve this problem. I appreciate your time.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do I get Windows XP Driver without recovery CD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I get Windows XP Driver without recovery CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I found this in 4 clicks.
Aug 15, 2009 12:10AM PDT
- Collapse -
Compaq Presario SR1920NX
Aug 15, 2009 12:13AM PDT

I did went there but I couldn't find network drivers and for most of them those are the updates, its not an drivers.

- Collapse -
What I read.
Aug 15, 2009 12:16AM PDT

Nvidia LAN drivers. With the N in LAN meaning "network" this comes close, at least. Or did you already install them (that's ALL drivers) from the driver or recovery CD that came with the machine? Clearly not all, or you wouldn't get this message.

Kees

- Collapse -
Let me share this.
Aug 15, 2009 12:20AM PDT

I remember installing that very same LAN driver on another Compaq.

It appears either you've never done this or are not trying hard enough yet.
Bob

- Collapse -
Windows XP Drivers
Aug 15, 2009 12:27AM PDT

Guys,
I tried all of the drivers from that page, but none of them worked.

- Collapse -
Then it might be time ...
Aug 15, 2009 12:41AM PDT

to order the recovery CD.

Kees

- Collapse -
Then it's time to order the recovery CD.
Aug 15, 2009 12:57AM PDT

While I've worked on what I think was that exact same model and used those drivers I find that many that haven't installed Windows a few hundred times are not happy with how this works. That is, you see numerous error messages even when things are going well.

Someday we hope for better but this is an OS from 2000 so there is no hope for these things to get cleared up.

My suggestion is to find a friend that has done this too often or just get the recovery media. Which ever is the cheap fix.
Bob

- Collapse -
here
Aug 15, 2009 1:29AM PDT

Driver for that PC

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3184154&lang=en

That PC is showing a 56 modem built into it. Replace that modem with an external modem and get a 10/100/100 Ethernet card. This will side step that problem if you can't find that driver. If this is an XP roll back then put Vista back into it.

Ask for support here

http://www.realtek.com.tw/

or go here (requires an account)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

This PC is ready for some system up grades. RAM and maybe a second hard drive both will be cheap for it, maybe $100.00 US or less.

RAM specs are:

Dual-channel memory architecture
4 DDR1 DIMM (184-pin) sockets
PC3200/PC2700 DDR1 DIMMs
Non-ECC memory only
Maximum memory: 4 x 1 GB DDR1 DIMMs, 4.0 GB total

That's

PC3200 or 2700 DDR1 DIMMs, 184 pin, non - ECC. Get the PC3200

This machine may have come with 512 MBs of memory and can be upgraded to 4 GBs of memory. Adding this memory will add dramatically to its performance provided you have the connection to support it. Off line performance will increase but not online if your running at 56k bit of online speed.

If it came with an IDE drive replace it with a SATA drive, 300 - 500 GBs depending on the amount of drive space needed.

CNET Forums

Forum Info