Question

How do I get the iTunes app downloaded onto my Surface 2?

I've been having some troubles with my iPhone and want to make sure I have everything backed up in the event of a crash, but I can't seem to get iTunes onto my Surface 2 (which is my only PC. I dont have an actual laptop). I also want to be able to manage my my media through the app.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How do I get the iTunes app downloaded onto my Surface 2?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I get the iTunes app downloaded onto my Surface 2?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Just asking.

Do you have the Surface 2 (with Windows RT 8.1 as an OS) or the Surface Pro 2 (with Windows Pro 8.1 as an OS)? That makes a lot of difference.

Kees

- Collapse -
(NT) It's just the regular Surface 2. Not the Pro.
- Collapse -
Here's an article about iTunes on Windows RT.
- Collapse -
Re: iTunes

The RT can only run apps that you download from the Windows Store.
All you can do: ask Apple when they make iTunes-on-a-tile for Windows RT. Probably never.

The system requirements for iTunes for Windows:
- PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit) - BUT not Windows RT
- 400MB of available disk space
- Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
Also available for a Mac. Not for iOS, Android, Chrome or Linux.

You shouldn't call a Windows 8 RT tablet a PC. It's not.
It's more like a (smart)phone with a big screen plus Office minus the phone part.

Kees

CNET Forums