Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

How do I get rid of Shop To Win

by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 7:44 AM PDT

I went to google and I was confused, I am runninng Windows 7.
I need help.

Thank You
Wendell

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I get rid of Shop To Win
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I get rid of Shop To Win
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
How do I uninstall Shop to win
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 7:56 AM PDT

I am running Widows 7 I can not find add and remove.

Thank you
Wendell

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I found Ad and uninstall
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 8:36 AM PDT

I found ad or change program did not find shop to win.

Wendell

Collapse -
Answer
You don't where Add and Remove is in Win7? Or you can't..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 2, 2012 8:43 AM PDT

Wendell..

You don't where Add and Remove is in Windows 7? Or is that you can't find Shop to Pass in Programs and Features?

IF it's the former, Add/Remove is now "Programs and Features" in Windows 7. Go to Start>Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features. Find Shop to Win and "uninstall".

IF you meant you couldn't find it in Programs and Features, I would first look to see if a Program Files folder exists for Shop to Win. (C:\Program Files\ShopToWin\) See if there's an uninstaller enclosed.

If not, try removing it with the free version of the Revo Uninstaller.

I would also suggest running the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware .

What confused you when you went to Google? A bit more information might help.

Carol

Collapse -
What I got from google
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 10:11 AM PDT
Collapse -
The site in your post..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 2, 2012 11:36 AM PDT
In reply to: What I got from google
Collapse -
Ran Revo
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 10:34 AM PDT

Could not find shop to win in revo, I am now running Malwarebytes full scan I hope I can find it.

Thank You
Wendell

Collapse -
Malwarebytes did not find it
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 10:57 AM PDT

I will contact Revo and see what can be done if i have to purchase the full version I will just to get rid of that issue.

Thank You
Wendell

Collapse -
No need to spend money..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 2, 2012 11:46 AM PDT

Wendell, chances are if the free version of the Revo Uninstaller didn't find it, the paid won't.

If you're using Firefox, check to see if it's installed in any of your plugins or extensions.

Did you check if it's listed under a different (or similar) name? Review your Programs and Features again. Also check the Task Manager.

Additional background information might help.

Carol

Collapse -
Norton power eraser
by islandporgy / September 2, 2012 12:22 PM PDT

I have nortons 360 I got suport from chat and they told me to use norton power eraser, so far so good I will know the next hour. Norton power earaser found a threat in registry and took care of the issue.
I did not check to see if it is under another name it probly was. I was looking for shop to win.

Thank You Very Much
Wendell

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.