Question

How do I get myself known?

I am Arvin Web Design, and I have been wondering how to get myself, my company, and my products noticed. I only charge 300 dollars for a html and css website, so the price should get people hooked once they see me, but the problem is to get people to see me. I can't find any websites where I can get myself noticed, and I'm not sure where to start, as I need to start generating revenue. I also do hosting at 3 dollars a month, so there is another aspect to be people hooked. I was wondering for some help?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do I get myself known?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I get myself known?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Business

If it's also possible, is there a forum or website where people look to have a website built or hosted, because I could go on there as advertise myself as an option for a website.

- Collapse -
Answer
Too low. Too discount.

If you want discount hosting, you are in a battleground you may want to find an exit and higher ground.
Bob

- Collapse -
Of course

I know that I'm competing in deep waters, but I am just looking to advertise my websites on some website, not just that one service I offer.

- Collapse -
I have to write

Now take this with some salt. I found some try to make up in quality by mass production or more sales at low cost. But at that rate your going to going to get folk that will overwhelm your support. 3 bucks a month won't support one return phone call that may take a hour.

I'm sure you want more then 3 bucks a hour.
Bob

- Collapse -
Makes sense, but...

The thing is that I'm just starting, fairly new, but my quality is still good. I have started to create my own templates, and they are turning out very nicely, definetely comparable to some of the much more expensive websites I've seen other designers make, maybe even better Wink. Of course I could charge more than 3 bucks an hour, but if I do, people will turn to other designers in hopes of cheaper prices. I use godaddy, I have a unlimited hosting account, so I can host their websites for practically free, high speed, and good service. I try to make quality and mass production, but as I don't have many customers as of now, the mass production is not exactly going for me. I am simply looking for a way to get myself known, as my prices should hook customers as soon as they hear about me, it's hearing about me that is difficult for some reason.

~Arvin Web Design

P.S. I did land a customer yesterday, but that was local, mouth to mouth, and I really would like to expand out of the local region.

- Collapse -
mistake

meant 3 bucks a month, typo

- Collapse -
So go big?

Even see Hulk Hogan's video about his web service company launch?
Bob

- Collapse -
never seen it

no, I've never seen it.

- Collapse -
In a few words.

Get out there. Make videos, do whatever it takes. Give speeches, attend conferences, share what you do and what you know.

Some folk want to stay in the office.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
You could create several free themes

for open-source platforms like WordPress and Drupal. If a theme is good, you can submit it to sites that aggregate themes, in addition, blog authors often write about the best free themes. If it gets lots of downloads, it (a) makes you known, (b) provides samples of the quality of your work, and (c) create an opportunity to create premium themes for a small free.

Also, you create it once and can then sell it over and over for a small fee.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
Html/Css

The problem with that is even though I work with wordpress, my main focus is html and css and I mainly do templates for those that my customer can chose and I customize. I currently have over 100. I just need a way for people to notice them...SEO may be an option, but was looking for different way as in a forum or something I could post.

~Arvin Web Design

- Collapse -
A theme's main focus

still remains HTML and CSS. The thing is, while there are still static sites being built, more and more people resort to systems that are easy to use and that allow them to manage their website. A static template that they have to convert isn't going to cut it... they want a all-in-one solution.

There's also been a shift when it comes to designers, specifically web designers, and that is that they are now expected to be able to do some front-end development, like theme development. This means you can either adapt or become obsolete.

All that said, you asked how to get noticed and I gave you an answer... it's up to you what you do with the information Wink

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks, I'll do my best

~Arvin Web Design

- Collapse -
Answer
How do I get myself known?

You can use local media, free classifieds, ppt and video presentation to get your self noticed. Have good channel network with local web development companies who can redirect some of their work to you. Get your seld registered with freelance working websites.

- Collapse -
Answer
Spam magnet it seems.

As the SEO spammers have added a few more times this is closed. Hope you found some ideas. Alert this if you need it re-opened.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info