General discussion

How Do I Get My Vista Windows Media Player to Work?

Hi!

I keep getting a "Window Media Player is not installed properly" error message. I went to "Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools" and clicked on "System Restore" but with no success. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your response,

Philip

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How Do I Get My Vista Windows Media Player to Work?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How Do I Get My Vista Windows Media Player to Work?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Any other details

Is that the full error message, or is there anything else, eg an Error Code?

Has this WMP ever worked? if so what has changed since it last worked?

What methods are you using to open/play WMP? The options are;

1] Click, or double click, on a music or video file stored on your computer to play it in WMP, or

2] Open WMP via a shortcut on your Desktop, or

3] Goto Start > All programs, and open WMP from the entry in one of the folders in there.

What happens with all three methods?

If none work then there seems to be others who have had the same problem with WMP as listed in a Google search for - Window Media Player is not installed properly

Here's a couple, see if they help;

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/7272f9cf-69a3-46fe-bfb7-d6ff6f9d7dcd

http://www.windowsvalley.com/fix-windows-media-player-is-not-installed-properly-and-must-be-reinstalled/

Let us know how you get on.

Mark

- Collapse -
Vista Windows Media Player Problem

Hi!

Here is the error message I got when I tried to use my Vista Windows Media Player:

The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6001.7010 where
11.0.6001.7008 was expected.

Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site?

What should I do?

Thanks,

Bestnews (Philip)

- Collapse -
Another option

CNET Forums

Forum Info