General discussion

how do i get bluetooth on my aspire 5742 laptop

Just a new lap top,Acer aspire 5742 running windows 7, but cant see any indication it has bluetooth on it, anyone know?, and if i havent got bluetooth can I download it from the net? bearind in mind I am a novice!!
thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: how do i get bluetooth on my aspire 5742 laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: how do i get bluetooth on my aspire 5742 laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: bluetooth

Bluetooth is hardware and, alas, you can't download hardware.

I didn't check if that laptop does come with bluetooth hardware or can be configured to do so. In that last case, I don't know if you ordered it. Only you know what you bought and why you bought this Acer model and not another model from another maker.

If it isn't present, you can buy a USB dongle that has it. It will come with the necessary drivers. Be sure it has Windows 7 drivers (models with only XP drivers might be cheaper but unusable for you).

Kees

- Collapse -
how do i get bluetooth on my aspire 5742 laptop - New!

thank you Kees as I said I am a novice

- Collapse -
No Bluetooth . . .
- Collapse -
how do i get bluetooth on my aspire 5742 laptop -

Thank you so much, very helpful to me.

- Collapse -
acer 5742

Hai friend bluetooth will work in acer 5742 . u should install bluetooth software in acer cd which given along with acer laptop.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove email address on 08/04/2011 at 9:13 AM PT

CNET Forums

Forum Info