Audio & Video Software forum

Question

How Do I Generate Great Quality Logos By Just Entering Text?

by abe_charles / September 5, 2014 9:38 AM PDT

Hi all, I have two wordpress blogs, one just created the other day and one I created in late 2012. I have a logo that was created by a co-0worker of mine but he is unreliable and it took him forever to create the logo for the blog. I am looking for a program like Adobe Photoshop, which he used that can generate a logo image by just entering text and the design would be done by you, not needing a background or special skills to do any complex artwork.

I tried online logo and graphics creators but I have some money saved and I am willing to buy any worthwhile reputable and non graphics competence software to help me create my logos. I even went out and purchased these two themes for my two blogs which just blew me away but I need custom logos as the ones there came with the themes.

If you want to see what I want, take a look at my main blog which has an amazing logo my co-worker created but I have changed the name of the blog so I need a logo to match the name: thisischarles.com

and my other blog has the "Morning" theme by wpzoom.com . I need a logo that matches that them and something that blends in with the background of the theme. I believe translucent is the word...??? Anyway I know Microsoft Word back in the old days had WordART which allowed users to enter text and generate logos but you couldn't export them and theme graphics couldn't be exported as stand-alone graphics or picture files.

Anyway that is pretty basic and not good enough for me and that feature is no longer in current versions of Microsoft Word like 2013. I just need something that will generate Photoshop quality images by just entering text and maybe tweaking a few things here and there but certainly nothing complex. Does anyone know of software I can buy or try, free or premium but as good as Photoshop without the expertise?

I need the help so someone please suggest something. Please.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How Do I Generate Great Quality Logos By Just Entering Text?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How Do I Generate Great Quality Logos By Just Entering Text?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Where to start?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2014 10:11 AM PDT

Your question is too similar to what I read at https://forums.adobe.com/message/4750860

Also there are fine alternatives to Word today such as The GIMP, LibreOffice but your post screams of the old "where to start" question.

There are some that feel like it's too hard and for those folk you let them carry on until they find their way.

WPZOOM looks like dudville to me. That is, their support and forum failed you. Why go there at all?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
logo
by azanalikhan / September 14, 2014 7:12 PM PDT

use a pen tool

Collapse -
Pen Tools For Logo Design
by abe_charles / September 14, 2014 11:07 PM PDT
In reply to: logo

Don't know what a pen tool is but could you briefly explain and name one or suggest one so I can download one and use for my logos?

Collapse -
Re: pen tool
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 14, 2014 11:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Logo Creation
by Pho3nixSun / October 1, 2014 6:50 AM PDT

If you are making the logo yourself you will obviously have a learning curve. But you wont wan't to use Photoshop (ideally), but instead use Illustrator or another program that will keep your logo Vector.
Vector will make your logo out of math (put simply) so it can scale up or down and not lose quality. While a bitmap logo will be made out of pixels so when you scale it up it will look rasterized. Of course there are ways to make a vector logo within Photoshop but that would only be recommended if it is your only program/option.
This should help: <span id="INSERTION_MARKER">http://designshack.net/articles/layouts/vector-vs-raster-what-do-i-use/

and this will help learning the pen tool which was mentioned earlier:

http://bezier.method.ac/
Hope it helps Happy

Collapse -
thumbs down?
by Pho3nixSun / October 2, 2014 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Logo Creation

Why would you give me a thumbs down, what is your counter point?

I have a MFA in design and have been a professional designer for over 14 years. My comment comes from an actual background in the field and having 4 degrees in the field.

Collapse -
Answer
Logo design

You can also design your logo Photo shop and its very easy to use from this..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?