General discussion

How do i discretely record webcams?

Does anybody know a good free and discreet program to record what other users on my computer are doing on the webcam?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do i discretely record webcams?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do i discretely record webcams?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Your other post.
- Collapse -
Many Webcams Have Such Software Included

Use it!.... and more importantly, IF you are the owner/administrator of the computer, limit what others can do on it.. If you're not the owner/administrator of the computer, speak of your concerns to the other users and understand why they're using the computer in such a manner..

Communication usually works between family members and if it doesn't, there are deeper problems here than how a webcam is used...

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
hmmm...

i was not able to find it, the program is logitech quikcam. the os is windows xp. the application in concern is yahoo messenger.

ps i really appreciate the personal advice, and i've already traveled down that road. we are well past the point of reconcilliation, and i now am just worried about protecting myself.

- Collapse -
Sad to read, but

if you are the owner of the computer, and things are that bad, don't let her use it. (Password protect it, give her a day to remove her files, then disable her account.)
If you are not (ie: she is) you should remove any files of yours from it, secure delete any you don't want shared, and delete your user profile, I guess.
Never been through anything like this.

CNET Forums

Forum Info