Question

How do I decide how many GB I need for an ipad2?

Is it necessary to get more than 16GB for the average user?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How do I decide how many GB I need for an ipad2?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I decide how many GB I need for an ipad2?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Get the one you can comfortably afford

There are a number of factors to take into consideration.
How much music do you want to store on there?
How many Photographs do you want to store on there?
How many Apps do you want to install on there?
How many Movies do you want to put on there?

- Collapse -
clarification requested

Good to be certain the memory does not really affect how well or fast it functions, if I am understanding correctly, but how many MB is the average song, MOVIE, or most simple apps. I am not a huge app user on my android, maybe 10 or 12 I use regularly and I wont use it for games. Its not that comfortable to afford one but at same time since I am getting one with 3G if I am going to spend that much I don't want to regret not having enough memory because I was" scrimping" and cannot afford to throw down an extra 200 bucks for no good reason. Will want photos too, but not as my primary storage. I use shutterfly for that. Welcome further guidance tho I understand it comes down to personal preference.

- Collapse -
Go for the middle option,

not too much and not too little

CNET Forums