General discussion

How do I convert DBX files to a readable file? Windows XP.

Yesterday I backed up several folders from Outlook Express on an external drive. They are there but in DBX but I can't read them. There was a bunch of badly needed info in my SAVE folder. All of the backed folders are gone from Outlook Express by the way.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How do I convert DBX files to a readable file? Windows XP.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How do I convert DBX files to a readable file? Windows XP.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: How do I convert DBX files to a readable file? Windows X
- Collapse -
DBX

Thanks....will try!

- Collapse -
Re: backed up .dbx

Backing up a file (any file) shouldn't delete the original, of course. So you either must have a very strange backup program or did something wrong.

Anyway, the easy procedure to get your data back is like this:
1. Create a new folder in Outlook Express.
2. Check what new .dbx file is created.
3. Copy your backup file save.dbx over that newly created file.

Ready. All your mails are back.

Kees

- Collapse -
Easy tool to convert DBX files to EML (easy to read) file

Hi,

You can also try the DBX Converter software that will convert DBX files to EML (easily readable file). I found DBX Converter tool as a very accurate software and gives the best results.

Download the software from the following website:
http://www.dbxconverter.com

Then you can easily read your Outlook Express DBX files. All the BEST!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info