Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

How do I connect my Panasonic TV to my Linksys router?

by bfrench73 / December 29, 2009 11:53 AM PST

I just bought a 58" Panasonic V series Plasma TV with Viera Cast. I cannot get the the TV to connect to the internet through my Linksys Wireless router (WRT54G). I have the TV hooked to the router through CAT5e cable. I have tried several times to change the network settings on the TV and the settings of the router. The best I have gotten in a message on the TV when I do a connection test that says 'Home Network' but indicates that the Gateway is not responding.

I have no idea what to do. Thanks for your help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I connect my Panasonic TV to my Linksys router?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I connect my Panasonic TV to my Linksys router?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It is plug and play
by givemeaname / December 29, 2009 1:12 PM PST

I have the WRT54GL ( alittle diffrent, it has more internal RAM & ROM + speeedboost) & it was just plug & play.

You have any router security that may mess with it?? Proxy address??

It notes you need at lease 1.5Mbps for it to work.

Also check to see of is set on.... Menu>Setup>Viera Link setting> ON

also

Try going to menu >setup> scroll down to 'Networksetting' see if it is set to auto for IP and DNS.

Collapse -
To: givemeaname
by bfrench73 / December 30, 2009 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: It is plug and play

I do have my wireless router password protected and I am assuming that is the problem. I don't how to allow the TV through the router's firewall. Normally, if another person were to bring their laptop to my house they could connect by putting in my password. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to do that with the TV.

Collapse -
Is the tv hookup wirelessly???
by givemeaname / December 30, 2009 4:06 AM PST
In reply to: To: givemeaname

Every once in a while VieraCast does not work for me.

for a wired hookup.... Try turning off the tv then rest the router & modem, let it run its cycle wait an extra 2-3 minutes, then turn the tv on & then try the VieraCast.

Collapse -
It is hardwired.
by bfrench73 / January 1, 2010 12:19 AM PST

The TV is connected via CAT5e cable directly from router to the TV. I did not not think that there was any password protection when connected directly tho the router. I called Panasonic and they are sending someone to my house to replace the LAN port. Hopefully this works.

Thanks for your help.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!