Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

How do I blur someone's face in a video

by 10ring / September 7, 2008 11:06 PM PDT

I am not too tech savy, so looking for a little advice. Thanks to some software like photoshop 7, I can easily blur faces in still image photography. But is there a program I can use to blur faces in a video? I use my digital camera (Kodak Easyshare) to take video with. Is there a program to suit my needs? Preferrably one where you do not need a Master's degree to figure it out... Any info, advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I blur someone's face in a video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I blur someone's face in a video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sony Vegas can do that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2008 11:50 PM PDT
Collapse -
Cyberlink PowerDirector
by preacha-man / December 7, 2008 11:13 PM PST

Cyberlink Powerdirector is a good, yet somewhat simple piece of software. If you need to blur someone's face in it, you need to create a blur picture. Then you put that on the PiP track and manipulate it to follow the face.

Collapse -
Re blur face
by ackyxke / March 28, 2012 7:01 AM PDT

Hi prechaman, can you please provide more details on the procedure? I have powerdirector v7 on my pc but have not used it.Is this suitable? Perhaps there is a tutorial?

Collapse -
In case they don't show up. Did you try this google?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 28, 2012 9:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Re blur face
Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
Laptops 20,411 discussions
Security 30,882 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
Phones 16,494 discussions
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions


Want to see the future of car technology?

Brian Cooley found it for you at CES 2017 in Las Vegas and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.