General discussion

How Could I Make This????

I want to create an MP3 Jukebox that would be able to play all my MP3's.
I have part of an idea of what I need: a external hard drive to store the MP3's, speakers to play the songs and a cabinet of some sort to put these items in.
They only 2 things I need help on is:
1. Some sort of keypad that I can enter a number on to play the
requested song for example if I have 5000 Mp3's and want to play
song 565 all I was do is enter that number on the keypad and the song would play. Or I could use this jukebox program called XM Jukebox that
I have to select the song.
2. Where Could I find someone to help me create this idea????
The Bose System would be nice if it had an external hard drive to
store songs on and were able to input the song number you wanted to
play on the remote. Right now if you have an MP3 CD in the Bose Machine and want to play song 66 you have to hit the button on the remote 66 times to get to the song. That's really stupid.
At the moment I'm actually using my Bose Machine as my computer
speakers.
Any help for this idea would greatly be appreciated!!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: How Could I Make This????
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How Could I Make This????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What you meant to say is...

can I make this very economically. If I can do this very cheaply, why would I let you into the idea, hehe? You have the idea, try to run with it and see if any good come out of it. Good luck.

- Collapse -
Sounds like a variation of

The MP3 Car Project.

Google that!

- Collapse -
Would One Of These Work????
- Collapse -
But how are you going to make money with these,

buy low and sell high?

CNET Forums