Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

How can I send a email to my own inbox.

At one time I was able to send a email to my self, but unable to do it any more. I am using yahoo mail. What did do wrong?
Marvin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I send a email to my own inbox.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I send a email to my own inbox.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: How can I send a email to my own inbox.

In reply to: How can I send a email to my own inbox.

Just put your email address in the "To:" field, it should work.

Collapse -
Why? - Haven't you got any friends!

Maybe if told us what you are trying to achieve we maybe able to help with a work around instead.
As well as I am just plane curious why the hell you want to sent yourself an email.
Another way is set up two mail accounts in your name but with different email addresses.
Peter

Collapse -
Re: Why? - Haven't you got any friends!

In reply to: Why? - Haven't you got any friends!

One reason I do it, when forwarding, is I want to keep a copy in the inbox without all the original recipients, just my name.

Collapse -
Re: Haven't you got any friends!

assuming that you and Marvin aren't buddies, i would say that post was way over the line...

Collapse -
Aussie humor!!!

In reply to: Re: Haven't you got any friends!

or is it just humor? - anyway may not be something i would say to the Queen of England, but that's about it. Sorry mate we call it as we see it - no pomp and ceremony in this part of the world. No offense ever intended and usually no offense ever taken.
Most of our humor is dry with tongue in cheek.
Hope you understand?
Regards,
Peter

Collapse -

When I am sending emails to more than one person, and don't want everyone to see each others address, when using the BBC BOX, I must have a name in the TO BOX. Thats why I use my name.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Why? - Haven't you got any friends!

Yes- that's the way to do it. Can you give more details on what happened when you put your address at the 'To' - the mail was not sent at all; or the mail was sent to those at 'CC' but not to you ? Any error messages ?

Collapse -

When I put my address into the "TO:" box and the other addresses into "BCC:" box then send it,all the other people receive the email but not me. And there is "No Error Messages" It had work in the pass but not any more.
Marvin

Collapse -

Thank You All.
I have found and solved the problem. Someone had BLOCKED my email address. Maybe it was ME.
Thanks Again
Marvin

Collapse -

Will you please share how you found out ? It may be helpful to others. Contribute to the great knowledge base of these forums !

Collapse -
Re: To remove a block email address

I'm using SBC Yahoo DSL.
Enter your email program
Click on Mail Options
Click on Block Addresses
In the Remove Block Area
Scroll down to check if your
email address is listed
If so high it and click on Remove Block.
Thats It.
Marvin

Collapse -
This happened to yahoo (and many other)

users because .. the Delete and Spam Button is located closed together...

so, many people accidentally click 'Spam" instead of delete...

by doing so, the reported address will be put in the 'Block Address List' ...

If the setting didn't put the email address in the 'block address list' (from the options) .. then it will go to the 'BULK".

Enjoy your week end guys..

Collapse -
Re: How can I send a email to my own inbox.

Just write ur mail address as receiver address. It means both sender and reciever address will be the same.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.