General discussion

How can i remove:keylog-sclog

My virus scan has brought up a keylogger: c:\_restore\archive\fs196.cab - when i try to remove, clean or quarantine it , it say it cannot be removed cleaned or quartined it says: this disk is write protected . keylog - sclog.dll - (system restore is not on). Also i found a file in winzip i believe may be associated with this spyware. Any idea how to get rid of it ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How can i remove:keylog-sclog
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How can i remove:keylog-sclog
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LJ, ..It Appears Like System Restore Is ON...

....Temporarily Disable System Restore using the instructions in the link below. Is this a Windows ME computer? If so, then you might want to "enable" System Restore, then Disable it again. :

How To Disable System Restore

After System Restore is disabled, then try scanning for the file again...

If that doesn't get it done, try using the "MoveOnBoot" program below to "unlock" the file:

Program To Delete Locked Files
http://www.webattack.com/get/moveonboot.html

If that doesn't work, then try the procedures at the link below:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank you Grif, i'll try that
- Collapse -
IT Worked!! or seems to be
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Lj, Glad It Helped !
- Collapse -
Well guess it didn't work

Yes it is wondows ME and system restore is off and has been rechecked to make sure. Thought webattack link worked but it was just moving file and the trial key don't seem to be downloading in the right spot, so i don't know why. Tried 2nd link the elder greek that is for XP . running ME here any other thoughts would be appreciated Thank you.

CNET Forums

Forum Info