General discussion

How can I install Windows XP in english....onto a Windows

How can I install Windows XP in english....onto a Windows ME in German?
Please....anybody who might know..tell me. Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How can I install Windows XP in english....onto a Windows
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How can I install Windows XP in english....onto a Windows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: How can I install Windows XP in english....onto a

What are you trying to accamplish ? Do you want to install a windows XP upgrade using an English version over a german installation ? I?m not sure that?s a supported option. Even if that works, at the final it can be a mixed English an German GUI interfaces and folders in both languages.

Here?s the standard MSKB article for windows XP upgrade preparation:

Q316639 - "How to prepare to upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP"

Another option it?s to install windows XP on another partition, so you?ll have a dual boot system. Windows Me (German) and windows XP (English). In this case, you?ll have to install third party application on windows XP.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

- Collapse -
xp on me

have you tried loading it at all?
when you do set to enlish in settup.

CNET Forums

Forum Info