Networking & Wireless forum

Question

How can I hook my ProRaid hard drive array to my network?

by greatjay23 / September 3, 2013 11:03 AM PDT

I have an 8tb ProRaid 4 bay hard drive array. It is not a network drive, just an external hard drive array. I have a netgear router that is equipped with ReadyShare, however, ReadyShare does not support a device like my hard drive array, only flash drives and single drive enclosures. That much I figured before I even started. I really don't want to buy a NAS drive, since I already have my ProRaid, and would like to use it. How can I connect my ProRaid up to my network so I can access it from any computer on my network, and possibly from outside my network? Is there some kind of "adapter" that can work as a "middle man" to get my raid array online? My ProRaid connects with a USB 2.0 connection.
I really don't want to share it through a computer on the network, I don't want to have to keep a computer on just to use my array on the network or from outside. I would really like to find a way to get it to work through my router.
Any help would be appreciated!
Jay

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I hook my ProRaid hard drive array to my network?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I hook my ProRaid hard drive array to my network?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Which one?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2013 11:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
by greatjay23 / September 3, 2013 11:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Which one?

Hi,
I'm not entirely sure why the netgear wouldn't detect it, but my guess is probably the size of the drive.

I really didn't have a major problem with using a PC, I just didn't want to. I was just hoping for a simple solution to make that array network accessible without a computer or anything. I was just hoping to hook it into my router with something to get it to work.

Collapse -
There are NAS adapters.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2013 1:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply

But since I can't find what I'm working with I'm going to defer to ProRaid to supply what NAS adapters work.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
NAS Adapters.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2013 1:27 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.