- How are you connected to the Internet (dial up, ADSL, cable, satellite)?
- Wired or wireless?
- Do you have to logon in some way?
- What browser are you using? What version?
- Is your email program (say: Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail) just as slow to start as your browser?
- Has it always been this way? Or was it 2 seconds when your desktop was new? In that case: what changed to make it this slow?
- If you run your browser in it's Safe Mode, do things change? See http://www.killertechtips.com/2008/04/14/run-internet-explorer-and-firefox-without-addons/ for how to do that.
When I attempt to get connected to the internet on my desk top it takes at least 25-to 40 minutes to connect. What can I do to get connected quicker