Phones forum

General discussion

How can I get a Sprint HTC Touch Pro2?

by vaevictusasama / October 1, 2009 7:12 AM PDT

Hi I live in Canada and I've looked through some smart phone reviews and have decided on the HTC Touch Pro2. I'm currently living in Toronto and am curious as to how I can get this cellphone.

Also I'm not very familiar with the 3G network, simcards, unlocking and whatnots of cellphones and I'm wondering if those things will be a problem if I purchase one and use it here.

Lastly, I may be traveling to China soon and I don't know if I should buy this phone or phones that may not work over there. (In regards to changing the service provider..if thats even possible)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I get a Sprint HTC Touch Pro2?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I get a Sprint HTC Touch Pro2?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by vaevictusasama / October 1, 2009 7:17 AM PDT

Actually, I don't mind if the cellphone provider is not sprint. Any necessary means for obtaining the phone is accepted.

Collapse -
If you're moving to China...
by Pepe7 / October 1, 2009 12:18 PM PDT
In reply to: .

...I'd stick with a GSM/UMTS based handset, which would not be the Sprint (CDMA/EVDO) version of the Touch Pro 2. Out of curiosity- Does either Rogers or Telus offer it now in Canada? You might check them first. If you are willing to pay a large amount for an unlocked version you can simply buy unlocked online or, from your equivalent of 'Chinatown' in Toronto, being such an international city. There are plenty of Canadian sources online for phones advertising @ howardforums.com, although I haven't had a chance to evaluate any of them living in the U.S.

Collapse -
Yep- Telus offers it
by Pepe7 / October 1, 2009 12:23 PM PDT
In reply to: .
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.