General discussion

How can I fix my hardrives?

I have set the first boot device as the USB drive and have tried to boot Hiren's Boot Disk. But when I boot it went to the American Megatrends Screen which said:
AMIBIOS (C) 2008 American Megatrends, Inc.
BIOS Date: 01/25/10 11:43:05 Ver: 5UKT17AUS
CPU : Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6600 2.20GHz
Speed : 2.20 GHz

Press F1 to run Setup
Press F12 for BBS POPUP
Initializing USB Controllers . . Done.
4096MB OK
USB Device(s): 2 Keyboards, 1 Mouse, 1 Hub, 1 Storage Device
Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 0..IDE Hrd Disk
SATA Port0 ST9500325AS 0010
S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status BAD
Auto-Detecting USB Mass Storage Devices ..
Device #01: TSSTcorp CDDVDW *hispeed*

AHCI Port0 Device Error
Press F1 to Resume
When I pressed F12, it said that bbs popup selected but remained like that and when I disabled SATA controller in the setup, it did boot but could not detect the HDD.

I have tried removing the drives but there are problem with the screws and also is it a risk to do it?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: How can I fix my hardrives?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: How can I fix my hardrives?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) If the SMART data is bad, drive is dead or dying.
- Collapse -
Looks to be a duplicate posting. Locking this one.

CNET Forums

Forum Info