Computer Help forum

Question

How can I download RecipEase 1.2.0.0?

by cleandirt / July 15, 2011 1:46 AM PDT

I have a desktop computer with 2.0 GHz CPU, 1-1/2 GB RAM 320GB Hard Disk, WIN XP Pro SP2 IE7 and running AVG A-V. Every time out of 20 to 30 times of trying to download RecipEase 1.2.0.0 the download window instead of the pop up window showing install, save or run, it redirects me to www.dukesoftwaresoultions.com!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done the truste adjustment suggested by Seth R. I even sent him an e-mail requesting help. He did not e-mail me or refer any one to e-mail me---He I-G-N-O-R-E-D Your tech support is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to contact!!! I have tried downloading, contantacting many ways. Your system always congradulates me on downloading RecipEase by e-mail when I ATTEMPT to download the above software----Your system assumes that I had a successful download, when infact your download system A-L-W-A-Y-S redirects me to www.dukesoftwaresolutions.com!!!!! How can I download this simple program? How can I contact the vendor by e-mail if I should want to purchase it?
Don at cleandirt@inbox.com

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I download RecipEase 1.2.0.0?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I download RecipEase 1.2.0.0?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Guess
by Bob__B / July 15, 2011 2:26 AM PDT

I don't see XP in the sys reqs........might be a clue.

Collapse -
Answer
I get the impression ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 15, 2011 3:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
If the software is gone
by flrhcarr / July 15, 2011 12:14 PM PDT

Check your history & open containing folder, if you don't have a certain directory you saved it in.
Do a search on your computer for the name, or part of the name. Use the check sub folders option, but not dates modified (the original date of the software may be different), as that doesn't always bring things up right.

Or just move on to other software. Master Cook Suites is quite cheap, very popular & has been around for ages. You can even pick up an older version for peanuts & still use it to link & copy recipes on-line.

Collapse -
Answer
RecipEase removed
by peterbutler Download.com staff / July 18, 2011 3:07 AM PDT

Hi, cleandirt. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Indeed, the program is supported no more. I did a cursory check around all the standard places online to find old unsupported programs, and wasn't able to find much.

I'm afraid you may need to move on to new software. I'm not an expert in the area, but for free software, Recipe Manager seems to get a decent review.

http://download.cnet.com/Recipe-Manager/3000-2129_4-10167672.html

We are working on improving the user-feedback process--currently the best place to report a problematic product is on the product-page itself. There is a link called "Feedback" at the bottom of the "Quick Specs" section of the product page that spawns a pop-up window that lets users report broken links, out-of-date versions, or suspicions of malware or other publisher misbehavior.

Sorry again for the trouble.

-Peter Butler, CNET Download.com Senior Content Manager

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.