Computer Help forum

General discussion

How can I add to....

Hi there,

I'm running Windows XP home. Would anyone be able to tell me how to get something back that's just disappeared? I used to have the program compatibility wizard at C:\documents and setting\kiai\start menu\programs\accessories and now it's gone. I have got accessories when I click on start, then all programs but when I've looked at C:\documents and setting etc..... I don't have any accessories. This is not the case on my Boyfriends desk top. Would it be possible to just copy his accessory folder to my program folder. It isn't causing any problems but I'm trying to learn a bit about computers and it would be a help.

Many thanks in advance for any help, Kiai Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I add to....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I add to....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: How can I add to....

In reply to: How can I add to....

Kiai, Are you saying that when you click on Start>All Programs and hover your pointer over Accessories nothing at all appears or is just the Program Compatability Wizard missing? Please post back because if everything is missing there is a fix available.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Hi there

In reply to: Re: How can I add to....

Hi Tufenuf,

Thanks for the reply. No not everything Is missing just the compatibility wizard and a couple of other things. It's like there are some things missing but when I go into C drive and get to programs there is no accessory folder at all ;\.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kiai Happy

Collapse -
Sorry, but what's the fix Tufenuf????

In reply to: How can I add to....

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain Tufenuf but what's the fix you were on about? As I said in my previous post not everything is missing from the folder, when I click on the start button>all programs>accesories. The problem is when I try C\Documents and settings......etc...start menu\programs...then there is no accessories folder..

Thanks in advance, Kiai x

Collapse -
Re: Sorry, but what's the fix Tufenuf????

In reply to: Sorry, but what's the fix Tufenuf????

Kiai, There's a possible fix at the link below. It's a zip file download and after you unzip it you would double click on the .exe to run it.

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Yay, it's fixed

In reply to: Re: Sorry, but what's the fix Tufenuf????

Thankyou Tufenuf,

Everything's back to normal, what-ever that is. The link worked a treat and my Accessories folder is also back where it should be, though it's a mystery as to where it's been......never mind tho hmm?? It may not have been difficult for you to come up with the fix as I'm sure you're expertise far out-weighs mine (lol, understatement) but I appreciate the time you took to help me.

Thanks again. Kiai xx

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Kiai: Good job and Glad to help.

In reply to: Yay, it's fixed

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.