Speakeasy forum

General discussion

How Al Gore Saved Christmas

The "Al Gore Effect" in action

http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=4718

"Obviously it's impossible to avoid the old chestnuts on our TV sets these days. I saw the original version of Miracle on 34th St for the umpteenth time the other day, noticing something for the first time that is a sign of the times. The judge's political handler, advising him of the political risks of the case, warned him that a decision against Kris Kringle would draw the ire of toy-makers, all unionized and all voters. How quaint.

It's also impossible to avoid the snow. We got hit with another snow storm yesterday and, for the first time in my life, I was pondering whether I should be thinking about planning my snow banks so that I'd have a place for the snow later in the season. (Through my life, it's never been an issue in Toronto, we don't get that much snow as we're in a bit of a shadow and what we get tends to come and go.) But last year we had snow banks into April and it became hard to figure out where to put the snow.

While thinking about this, I pondered about how Al Gore saved Christmas for us in Toronto, a story that's been told before, but it's the season for old stories."

If only Al Gore would use his powers for good, instead of evil

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How Al Gore Saved Christmas
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How Al Gore Saved Christmas
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) "Evil"?

In reply to: How Al Gore Saved Christmas

Collapse -
Yes.

In reply to: "Evil"?

And that is probably putting it mildly.

But I'm sure you have noticed critic411's (and some others) opinion of Al and everything he stands for. Those who are open to different thought and willing to consider other viewpoints, including Al's, are thought to be woefully uniformed, brainwashed, and even possibly of lower intellect .

Al holds a prominent place on their "Bad Guy List", which means that every negative story about him must be found and posted here.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
How snarky and insulting

In reply to: Yes.

I would expect that from other mods but not you.

Why have you lowered yourself?

Collapse -
I didn't know political posts where allowed again.

The top post (by Roger NC, dated November 3, 2008) clearly says "verboten". Why not delete?

Kees

Collapse -
Surely you jest !!!!

In reply to: I didn't know political posts where allowed again.

You "THINK" this a political thread?

HAHAHAHA

Collapse -
Isn't Al Gore a politician?

In reply to: Surely you jest !!!!

And isn't it about Al Gore?

So yes, I think it's policital.

Kees

Collapse -
Wow !!

In reply to: Isn't Al Gore a politician?

Clueless

Collapse -
No, he isn't a politician.

In reply to: Isn't Al Gore a politician?

Gore does not hold any political office, and is not running for an office. He is a private citizen with a Power Point presentation. He is not a scientist, but he does use a LOT of energy. He is famous for attracting extremely cold weather and/or record setting snow storms when he speaks at a particular location.

He also claimed that he invented the internet.

Collapse -
This is funny...

"Those who are open to different thought and willing to consider other viewpoints"

Isn't that prohibited at SE?
Collapse -
That may be the best line of 2008 !!!

In reply to: This is funny...

Thanks for the CHORTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Do you suppose

In reply to: This is funny...

"some one" has already forgot the PDS induced "Palin" thread a few days ago??

Palin is s politician.????

Hmmmm.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.