Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

how about a simple one-click user feedback option?

by Dr. John / February 15, 2007 1:13 AM PST

And I'm talking about ALL websites; not just this one, not just 'tech-related' sites... but ALL web sites. If there is the most infinitesimal chance that your various FAQ's and (pardon my language) other crap are of no use... and that description covers pretty much every encounter I have ever had with on-line 'help', how about a simple, non-categorical (given categories almost NEVER cover the problem I am currently seeking help with) one-click link to a page like this... and then, to put icing on the cake, actually take the time to personally write a response AND follow up on it. I do hope that any readers of this will pardon my ranting, but I have had a very bad couple of days with other sites... most notably trying to get a simple dialogue going with someone in site operations, but it seems to me that these people have insulated themselves from the 'real world' to the extent that if you hauled them out into the street they wouldn't even know what a tree is... lol. I guess the gist of my 'rant' is that web-site operators need to provide users with a nice, easy to use, method of having their voice not only heard, but responded to with something more meaningful than a 'form letter'. This may not be the right place for something like this... but I have no idea what else to do but start posting this concept in as many places as I can.
To the site operators here; I like your site and have found it to be a very good resource, but... like I have stated already, site operators/developers need to think of the frustration levels that their 'contact' methods create.
Well... I'm running out of steam... and have other things to do... get back to ya's later

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how about a simple one-click user feedback option?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how about a simple one-click user feedback option?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry you are having such a bad time with all Websites...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 15, 2007 5:19 AM PST

including CNETs.

I would be assuming that you are referring to our Help Center here?
http://cnet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/cnet.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

The reason why CNET doesn't have a one click feedback button is because we have so many different depts in our company. And if we didn't have you chose a category to give feedback to, then it would take a lot more time and effort for our support folks to figure exactly what dept. your feedback should be handed to--which in return may very likely cause a delay in someone responding back to your feedback.

But since I'm here, I'll be your one click user feedback option for now. Is there anything I can help you with particularly? If it is regards to the forums, I'm here for you. But if it is in regards to other parts of our site, I'll do my best to answer it, but if not, what I can do is forward your feedback to the appropriate party within our company.

So let me know what is it you like me to help you with.

Best regards,
-Lee

Collapse -
amen brother
by digirl2956 / February 16, 2007 3:07 PM PST

I feel the same way . It is impossible to get an answer even when it take hours to find help. Stop the crap please and treat us like humans

Collapse -
Hey now...
by analyzerbunny / February 27, 2007 3:38 AM PST
In reply to: amen brother

This site is free...stop your whining. Just because its not perfect is no reason to diss on them...in fact they are only HUMAN too.

Peas out!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!