Computer Help forum

General discussion

HouseCall not working

by Mary T-205113508737904897 / November 5, 2005 2:39 AM PST

Have been using Trend Micro HouseCall successfully for several months. When I try to use it now this message shows. "Unable to run HouseCall because this website not authorised to host HouseCall" Does anyone know whats happening please ?
Mary T.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HouseCall not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HouseCall not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TrendMicro Housecall
by The Fly / November 5, 2005 3:06 AM PST
In reply to: HouseCall not working

I just ran a scan with this free online scanner. It only works with IE in case you are trying to use it with another browser. I did a google search for "TrendMicro Housecall" and selected the first link to the free scanner and it worked without a problem. Make sure you are connecting to the correct web site and using IE. If that is true, can you provide a link to the web site? Do you know what "Web site is not authorized" is referring to? Are you trying to run through a corporate connection?

Collapse -
Re :Trend Micro HouseCall
by Mary T-205113508737904897 / November 5, 2005 3:55 AM PST
In reply to: TrendMicro Housecall

Thanks for that. Am using IE as usual and have never had trouble before. I have HouseCall in my favorites,and I always click there to get onto Trend Micro HouseCall. When I try that now, I get onto HouseCall, but it won't start. I did a Google search for TrendMicro HouseCall as you did,and selected the first link. That is when I got the "Web site is not authorized" message.
Mary T

Collapse -
Housecall
by The Fly / November 5, 2005 4:18 AM PST

Try going into IE and going to Tools/Internet Options and under Temporary Internet files left click on the Delete files button to clear out you temp internet files. Also, under History, left click on the Clear History button to clear out those files. Then close IE, reopen and try again to get to housecall using the google search link.

Collapse -
Mary, Have You Tried This One??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / November 5, 2005 5:43 AM PST
Collapse -
You didnt say for sure, but
by El Alquimista / November 5, 2005 5:46 AM PST
In reply to: HouseCall not working

if you are depending solely on periodic runs of Housecall for your virus protection, you are living dangerously. You really need an antivirus running live on your system. There are two free ones I use, AVG and Avast. I do occassonally run Houscall as an overcheck, but it has never yet found anything that slipped past AVG on my laptop and one desktop or Avast on the other desktop.

As you are in the U.K., when you specify the country, they may have been using a server over there. For one reason or another they may no longer be using it I wonder what might happen if you said you were in the US.

Frank

Collapse -
Re Housecall
by Mary T-205113508737904897 / November 5, 2005 6:31 AM PST

Thanks for the advice folks. I have been using Java and up to now have not had any trouble. I use Norton AntiVirus, Spybot, Adaware, SpySweeper,Microsoft AntiSpyware and Norton Firewall so I feel my computer is as safe as I can make it. I have recently used Registry Mechanic,Ashampoo Winoptimizer,RegScrubXP and CCleaner. Perhaps one of these has damaged Java in some way?
Mary T

Collapse -
Fixed HouseCall problem
by Mary T-205113508737904897 / November 5, 2005 8:43 AM PST
In reply to: Re Housecall

Upgraded Java, then upgraded to HouseCall 6.5 Beta.It takes ages to scan everything, but its good. I intend to use it once a week. Thanks for the help.
Mary T

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.