- AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
- Spybot 1.3: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
- Crap-Cleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.php
Do a System-Scan with AdAware SE:
- Open AdAware SE
- First of all, check for updates.
To do this, click on 'Check for updates now', click the 'Connect'-button and, if there are new updates, click 'OK' and then 'Finish'.
- Now, do a system-scan by clicking the 'Start'-button.
- In the next screen, select 'Perform Full System scan' and click the 'Next'-button.
- Sit back and relax, while Adaware is performing the system-scan.
- When the scan is done, right-click in the list of items, that AdAware found, and select 'Select All', click the 'Next'-button and then 'the 'Finish'-button.
- Close AdAware SE.
Do a system-scan with Spybot 1.3:
- Open Spybot 1.3
- First, Check for updates
click the 'Search for updates'-button. If there are updates available, select them and click the 'Download updates'-button.
- Click 'Search and destroy' and then 'Check for problems'.
- Relax, while Spybot is performing it's scan.
- When Spybot is done, it will show a list of found items (or congratulate you with a clean computer). Click 'Fix selected problems' to delete the items.
- Close Spybot 1.3
Now, let's clean the harddisk and registry:
- Start CCleaner
- If you want to keep the Internet Explorer Cookies, then unmark 'Cookies'
- If you want to keep the Internet Explorer History, then unmark 'History'
- If you want to keep Windows Log Files, then unmark 'Windows Log Files'
- you're using Mozilla's Firefox or Internet Suite
- Click the tab Applications
- If you want to keep the Internet History, then unmark 'Internet History' under 'Firefox/Mozilla'
- Click Run Cleaner. CCleaner will search for unnecessary files and delete them.
- Click the Issues-tabpage.
- Click Scan for Issues
- When CCleaner is done, you'll probably see a list of found issues. Rightclick in this list and click Select All
- Click Fix Selected Issues
- Click Yes, when you're asked if you want to Backup changes
- Give the backup a name (or use the default name) and click Save
- Click Fix all selected Issues
- When that is done, close CCleaner
Click Start > Run > enter: [color=blue]cleanmgr[/color]
If you have more than 1 local harddisk-stations, you will be asked wich station to clean.
For now, choose the station on wich Windows is installed (usually C:)
First, Disk Cleanup will calculate how much space can be won by compressing and deleting.
This can take up some minutes, so pls be patient
In the list Files to Delete, at least check:
- Downloaded Program Files
- Temporary Internet Files
- Recycle Bin
- Temporary Files
- (Temporary) Offline Files
Now, click OK and sit back while your computer is being cleaned.
Do a online Virusscan at Panda: http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
Restart your computer.
Good Luck !